''And Rita is my cousin bro, she's living with me for now and hopefully in for short stay.'' Isaac smirked evilly swerving Rita's punch that was aimed at his bicep. ''I'm joking. It's a joke. Love you Jeez.'' He apologized after.

''Coming up?'' Isaac mumbled pointing upstairs with his embrace filled with chips and all sorts of junk food, a cheese sandwich in his mouth.

''Be right there.'' Peter told his best friend who proceeded to shrug and jump up the stairs, skipping two at a time.

''Rita Lancaster eh?'' He turned then towards the girl who was now with a clean face, sitting at the sofa, scrolling through Netflix wondering what to watch. ''I found you after all.'' 

''It's what they called me'' She smiled not looking at the boy, but she knew he had his typical smirk torn up on his lips. ''Rita Lancaster.'' She hit play on The Office. ''You know, you didn't give me time to search don't you? Appearing at my house and all.'' She joked, side glancing the boy who's hair was now much messier than at the coffee shop. 

''I love this fucking show man!'' He cheered jumping over the sofa's back, sitting loudly next to the girl before sliding his body down further so he could vertically lay, feet resting at the coffee table. ''Yeah. Won't say I wasn't surprised when you opened the door, I thought I was Imagining you again.'' He shook his head as he smiled.

''Again?'' Rita looked at him now. He mumbled along the theme song and it was adorable.

Or it was a normal thing people did but because it was Peter Kavinsky she found it incredibly adorable. 

''W-w-what? No. I just- Y'know what? This sofa is really comfortable.'' He quickly changed the subject, his cheeks seemed to gain pigment of a sudden and his eyes didn't move from the television. 

''So you're gonna hang out in here now?'' Rita asked, she wasn't gonna push it. 

''Well, yeah. Now I have to.'' He pointed towards the show. ''Isaac won't mind.'' He murmured.

Rita turned her attention towards the TV too, and smiled. She would never think she would be sitting at her home's sofa with a boy she had just met and platonically thought about (kissing) all afternoon. 

His presence felt normal, felt familiar, warm, it felt like he belonged to the house, not taking any of its homey feeling with him, and it was a feeling Rita didn't understand, or knew how to deal with.

''Yeah, I see this is your house'' She mocked kicking his feet with hers, above the table.
''Been here longer than you for the looks of it.'' He mocked too, laughing, giving her a softer kick back.
''I'm his family.''
''I'm his best friend?''
''Dude come on, you can't fight with me. I share my blood with this people.'' Rita laughed leaning over herself, bringing her knees to her chest, to watch him properly. Peter glanced towards her and her heart started to race, seeming not to know speed limit was a thing that required obligation.
''Shit Lancaster, yeah. You win again.'' He shook his head and released a laugh that admitted defeat. Rita nodded in victory for the second time. 

The air was simply filled with their chorused laughs as the show went on, and it sounded like a well thought melody the voices of the two together although they didn't and had no way of noticing it. 

They seemed to have spoken of everything over at the coffee shop, so they chose to really, be silent, not that Rita didn't want to know how did he get the scar on his chin, or that Peter didn't want to hear desperately the rest of the story about when Rita broke her nose skating. It felt good the quiet, their breaths synchronized.