2.9

Valerie POV

I looked down at my phone sitting on the bed at this busted up motel.

"Goddess should I call her?"

I thought for a couple of seconds before pressing her name.

" Hey Zoe? It's Valerie from the café."

" Oh Valerie hey how are you?"

" I'm well thanks I just wanted to know if that offer was still standing?"

" Oh yeah I'm getting dressed right now I could swing by and get you in twenty?"

" Yeah." I hung up and sent her my address and got my bag and threw on a shirt and some jeans.

I walked down the stairs and into the lobby and waited. About ten minutes later I saw her walking in.

" Valerie hey! You ready to go?"

" Ready as I'll ever be."

Stephen POV

I walked into the living room carrying the three glasses of lemonade.

" Here we are folks."

" Stephen stop with the bullshit and talk to Madeline."

" Ok.. Maddy I have to tell you something that I should've told you when you came over the other day.. I have a mate."

" What?!"

" I'm really sorry we had just got into an argument and I handled my stress the wrong way."

" It's okay but did you talk to your mate yet?"

" No she turned off her phone and Jade hasn't been able to locate her."

Madeline opened her mouth to say something when the door busted open.

" Maddy!!" A girl with white hair yelled next to a an pissed off looking Valerie.

" So this is the bitch you were cheating one me with and after you accused me of cheating which I didn't because you would've felt it but believe me I felt every moment of your little conquest and I really hope you enjoyed it Stephen!!!"

" Valerie please I..."

" I Valerie Knightinggale rejects Stephen King as my..."

" Stop!!" Maddy yells before she could utter the last word

We all turned to look at her to see what she had to say.

" It's obvious you two need to sit down and discuss whatever the hell is going on with you each other." After she said that Maddy grabbed Jade and the other girl and walked to the other side of the house.

" Valerie I'm sorry I didn't mean it I never wanted her I was just so frustrated and I didn't know how to handle it."

" Lord help me if I was saying that right now you'd walk out the door find the fucker kill him and ignore me for months or reject me.. Am I right?"