• XIII •

🦋 THIRTEEN 🦋

🦋 THIRTEEN 🦋

Ava let out a shaky breath as she ran her hands down her skirt. Dylan sat beside her giving her bag a reassuring pat as they sat in the waiting area at the building that Dylan's boyfriend worked at.

"Oh god, watch I'm going to barf all over him." Ava said shaking her head as Dylan scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"Johnny isn't all that scary, he'll just ask you the basic questions you get asked in an interview." Dylan says as Ava nods her head once more.

The security guard that was standing by the door looks over at Ava before looking back over at the wall, his hands holding onto his belt like his life depended on it. The buildings secretary hung up the phone that she was on, giving Ava a bright smile.

"Mr. Jones is ready now, you can head up."

Ava nods her head giving her a thankful smile for the information before turning towards Dylan who was giving her a giant thumbs up.

"You got this! Go and make my boyfriend fall in love you, just not to the point where you turn him straight." Dylan says jokingly trying to make Ava's mood lighten which it sort of did as she gave a small giggle.

Ava passes the security guards, giving him a smile as she as she passes by. She comes to a stop by an office that had Jonathan Jones written on a bronze platter. She knocks lightly on the wooden door, faint come in is heard as she pushed the door open.

"Miss Johnson correct?" Jonathan said standing up from behind the desk, a smile stretched onto his face.

Ava nodded her head, instantly becoming well aware of what Dylan saw in him. With his brown hair, green eyes and with the suit that he was currently wearing, there was nothing that didn't scream that he wasn't unattractive.

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you." Ava said shaking Jonathan's hand. Jonathan motions for Ava to take a seat across from him, which she takes. He pulls out a paper before giving her another smile.

"So tell me, what made you look into our company?"

So Ava began telling Jonathan about why she wanted to work for the company, something that she learned from Dylan over the time period that they'll discussed what Jonathan actually did for a living.

"You also have previously stated that you are pregnant, is that still correct?" Jonathan asks as Ava nods her head. "Okay, now I want you to know that this will not go against any of your chances of being hired with our company."

Ava nods her head again, her thumb rubbing against her fingers nervously as Jonathan grabs a paper out of his desk, attaching it to a clipboard before handing it over to Ava with a pen attached to it.

"Right there is your contract, it states your benefits and rules about the company following more information." Jonathon explains as Ava looks over the paper. "We will pay you for two months of maturity leave after the baby is born, and you also get paid vacationing of $18 an hour."

Ava nods her head biting her lip reading over the rules. She signs in the appropriate places before handing the clipboard back to him. Jonathan smiles standing up in his chair and shaking Ava's hand.

"Congratulations Ava, welcome to the team. I can't wait to have you in the office Monday afternoon."

Ava thanks Jonathan one last time before exiting the office, a smile radiating off her face as she walked over to Dylan who quickly stands up from his chair raising his eyebrow.

"Well? How'd it go? Did you get the job?"

"I did, but I'm quiet mad at you Dylan." Ava says shaking her head folding her arms over her chest and shooting the boy a playful look.

"Why? He didn't tell you anything bad about me right? I thought you weren't supposed to talk personal stuff in interviews." Dylan rambles as Ava rolls her eyes.

"You're not. I'm mad because you didn't tell me you were dating a model!"

Dylan's shoulders sigh in relief and wraps his arm around her shoulders before giving her a wide smile as they walk out of the building.

"I told you, my man has legs for days."

"I didn't see his legs Dylan." Ava said shaking her head with a laugh as Dylan shrugs as he opens the taxi door for her.

"One day you will Ava, and when you do you'll be wishing that you were me."

Ava rolls her eyes at David as she tells the taxi driver the address to her apartment. Dylan was tapping away on his cellphone, a smile on his lips as he looks up at Ava sending her a smile.

"Johnny wants to have dinner with you and Chris, that is if you're alright with that."

Ava bites her lip, not quiet sure on how to respond. She didn't want to get special treatment from Johnny just because she was friends with Dylan, he was her boss and she wanted him to like her for herself and get to know her by her, not by Dylan.

"Dylan, I don't want any special treatment from Johnny because I am friends with you." She says shaking her head directing her eyes to her lap.

Dylan doesn't say anything just nods his head. The taxi comes to a stop outside of Ava's apartment, a sigh escaping her lips as she looks over at Dylan with a smile.

"Are you sure you don't want to come in? I have Sleepless in Seattle on DVD. "

Dylan gives her a smile shaking his head. "I promised Johnny I'd have lunch with him. Besides I don't want to make you late for your doctor's appointment."

Ava nods her head handing the driver her part of the cash, telling David she'd call him after her appointment. She shut the taxi door and starts walking to her apartment.

She could feel the breakfast she ate this morning start to rise as she opened her door, her mouth feeling gross as she ran to the toilet throwing everything she ate in the past twenty-four hours up.

"Why do you have to do this to me?" Ava whispers rubbing her stomach scooting herself away from the toilet and leans against the cold wall.

She closes her eyes listening to the sound of the toilet flushing as she tries to calm her stomach down. She didn't want to have to throw up again when she was supposed to be meeting Grayson at the doctors office in half an hour.

Getting up,  she walks over to the sink and grabs her toothbrush and toothpaste from the cabnit mirror. Her phone goes off from where she threw her purse down on the floor when she ran inside.

Spitting out the foam, she wipes her mouth and hands on a towel before walking over to her ringing phone.

A message popped up when she grabbed it, her face going pale as she reads the five words.

Corey: We need to talk asap.

Word Count: 1197