• VI •

🦋 FOUR 🦋

🦋 FOUR 🦋

Grayson hated lying to Ava but it was for the best. The best for their friendship and the best for his relationship with Corey.

There was no denying that the night they slept together there was a spark between the two, but at the end of the day they can't do anything of it.

The spark was a flame, a flame that was soon brought down with water. Even if Grayson did have some sort of feelings towards Ava, he couldn't act upon it because in the end, his heart belonged to Corey.

At least, that's what he wants to believe.

•~•~•~•

Ava sat alone in the back of the colleges library, the willow tree next to the window branch scraping against the glass making her slightly cringe.

She had her head buried deep in her book, the different types of grammar trying to process through her brain but couldn't.

She was hungry, extremely hungry, but all she had was the bagel in-front of her which she would be eating to die down her hunger, but the baby seemed to not like the smell or the taste.

"Your stomach is roaring like a lion." A low chuckle comes behind her, making her heart skip a beat.

"Geez, you scared the living daylights out of me." Ava chuckles slowly as she tries to calm her racing heart.

"Sorry," The unfamiliar guy says. "I'm Dylan Morris." He exclaims holding his hand out.

Ava placed her hand in his shaking it. She couldn't deny the fact that he was attractive. His black hair that fanned his face, the dazzling blue eyes that were bright like the ocean. He was gorgeous without a doubt.

"Ava Johnson." She says pulling her hand away as the smile never leaves neither of their faces.

"Would you mind if I joined you?" Dylan asks gesturing to the empty chair across from her.

"Oh, no! Go right ahead."

Dylan takes the seat, placing his books on the table along with a banana and a coffee travel mug. He gave Ava a smile before opening his book.

"What are you majoring in?" Ava asks taking note of his chemistry book.

"Medical. What about you?" He asks looking up with a curious glance.

"Psychology, but I have an internship at a publishing agency because I wanted to major in English freshman year." She says as Dylan gives her an impressive nod.

"That's cool, why'd you keep it if you weren't going to major in it anymore?" Dylan asks taking a sip out of his travel mug.

"It was the only paying internship available." She says causing them both to let out a laugh.