28. Surprise?

Meeting Flash for the third time had more of an emphasis to it. Maybe it was the saying third time's a charm, but Peter was leaning more towards the fact that something had really happened. Something serious. It didn't just involve random city goers either, he cared about his friends in the school. The fact that they were scared made him ever the more ready to get this over with.

He could hear shuffling on the second floor of the school, and after saying goodbye to Tony, that's where he headed.

"Activate soundproofing?" Karen asked him, startling him a bit. Peter quickly nodded, adding a quiet yes, and he continued on his way towards the boys.

Peter picked up speed when the voices of the boys got louder. He found himself by the second floor boys' bathroom, and he peered inside cautiously. He was surprised that Tony could come up with an entire soundproofing suit ability overnight.

Peter walked into the bathroom, careful to not be seen by any of the boys. Flash seemed to be going through a run through of their plan despite it already being well into action.

Peter spotted Kyle in his blue morph suit costume-like suit which matched Flash's. Peter shot out a web and pulled him towards the other side of the bathroom, tying him up and sticking his hand to his body.

All eyes were on Peter, and the boys sneered at him. "How the hell did you even get up here without being heard?" Flash pointedly looked at Sean while asking the superhero in front of him.

Peter shrugged, looking behind him to Kyle before back to Flash and the other boys. "Guess you guys aren't as good as you thought."

Sean pushed ahead to be in front of Flash, fuming while the others stayed far back from the superhero. "That's not true! I can hear Kyle's breathing from here! You're just doing something with your fancy suit, but you can't fight fairly."

Peter scoffed, shaking his head. "I can fight fairly," he informed them. "Karen, turn off the soundproofing ability please."

Peter's lips curved into a smile as the boys were shocked into silence. He demonstrated the soundproofing legitimacy by tapping his hands along the tile wall and jumping a few times. He bowed as if he had just performed a show stopping performance then pointed to Kyle on the ground.

"Just so you know, your friend over there is draining all of his energy by himself. No Spider-Man tricks or anything like that. On a totally unrelated note, were you guys aware of the fact that a healing type of ability requires a lot of energy from the person's body? So, you can only imagine how it's affecting him with no energy to gain back."

Flash sneered at Peter who crossed his arms with a smile. The others boys looked a mixture of concern and shock, and Peter could tell they were resisting the urge to check up on Kyle.

"Are spiders able to see in the dark?" Quinn questioned with a smirk. With that, he flicked the lights off in the bathroom, the boys running from Peter in all different directions.

It didn't help Peter that the busted light bulbs caused the hallway to be very dark. The clouds that were overcast in the sky aided Flash's plan to make the school as dark as possible.

Tony and Peter had already thought this mess through, though. So, when Quinn ran around the hallways, banging on lockers all around Peter as some way to intimidate him. Peter could see him perfectly.

He let Quinn continue on his joyride for a few minutes, even allowing himself to be pushed over by the boy a few times.

Getting tired of the whole ordeal, Peter swung over Quinn, watching out of the corner of his eye as the boy followed him to the bathroom.