21. Teen Anxieties

Swinging through the cold, dark city towards what seemed to be vibrant green lightning made Peter very anxious. Sure, the sparks could be anything really, but he had a gut feeling that it wasn't as simple as that.

He abandoned his backpack a few blocks away from the sparks, rapidly undressing and getting into his Spider-Man suit.

Approaching the source of the sparks - one of those fancy charging stations next to the subway - Peter furrowed his brows. He had never seen anything like that happen before, and he wasn't an electrician no matter how many times May had gotten him to repair the electronics around the house because he was a "genius child."

"What the...?" a familiar voice questioned behind him. Peter instantly froze up, recognizing Flash's voice immediately.

Peter finally turned around, his eyes widening at what he saw. Flash was covered head to toe in a black morph suit that was designed with what seemed like orange metal pieces, and a vibrant green wire acted as a accent throughout the whole suit. Carefully cut out holes showed Flash's narrowed eyes and his mouth slightly agape.

"I'm guessing by the green in your," Peter waved his hand, gesturing to Flash's appearance, "costume that you know what caused these green sparks."

Flash crossed his arms, frowning as he was clearly insulted. "It's a super suit," he defended.

Peter shot a web to a nearby rooftop, a small grin on his face. "And, that's my floss. In theory, it could work, but it would just be a horrible idea overall."

With that, he jumped to the rooftop, peering down at a scowling Flash with amusement. Flash scoffed, putting his hands on his hips. "Whatever, insect. I know my powers are much better than yours can ever be. So, you can just stay there swinging from building to building without any care."

Peter has to admit that he wasn't sure what Flash was capable of at that point. He didn't know what powers Flash had or didn't have; he wasn't even sure if the whole thing was just a joke. Still, he stayed on the roof, gesturing for Flash to join him.

Peter watched him try and fail at scaling the building with only his hands and feet. He had to laugh, shaking his head at the pathetic excuse. "Strike number one. You don't even have a power to get you from place to place, how are you supposed to fight anyone?"

Flash rolled his eyes, the whites of his eyes being the only thing Peter could see other than the bright green part of his suit. Peter laughed to himself, grabbing Flash with a web. "Because I'm such a nice guy - You know, friendly neighborhood Spider-Man? - I'll help you out just this one time."

Peter pulled Flash up with such force that the boy went airborne over the roof and came down crashing a few feet away from Peter. Peter dusted his hands off, standing over Flash who was groaning in pain, and he had to admit that it was a good feeling to make Flash feel like he had for years.

After Flash had rolled over onto his back, Peter waved at him, earning a middle finger in return. "Funny guy," he commented before tying him up in webs. "This is to make sure you don't cause anymore city blackouts for a bit. Bye bye."

As Peter turned away, Flash's eyes bored into the red and blue hero's back, but Peter was too fast jumping off of the building for Flash to erase his memory.

Peter leaped down from the building with a grin. He quickly patched up parts of the charging station with his webbing. He grabbed Flash's backpack from out of the street and left an Out of Service! note stuck to the side of the charging station.

As soon as he was away from the scene, Karen's robotic voice spoke urgently to him. "A call from Iron Dad is coming through, Peter. Someone is trying to mess with your head, and we've detected it on numerous occasions."