Chapter 10~Katie

Warning: mentions of panic attacks. If this makes you uncomfortable, I'll try to make sure there aren't any important details. I can't swear on the River Styx though. But if you're comfortable, read on.

Trust me; this is hard for me to write this too.

So... BYE!!!

~Vocalist_Joi_13/7 says PAALAM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From a close yet safe distance, I watched my little half-brother threaten Connor. Well, not him specifically, but of Connor's choice. My boyfriend's brother seemed hesitant and I spotted his hands by his side shaking a little in fear. Fear of losing Celeste by making the wrong choice.

I get it; I'd be scared if I had to make the same decision towards Travis or any of my family. I wouldn't say the same about my dad though, since as soon as I came of age, he sent me to camp without a care in the world for me. I went along with one my best satyr friends, Terrence Underwood, and he risked his life to make sure I had a safe visit. Sure, we arrived at camp with a few scars...

Sorry, getting off topic. Blame the ADHD.

Anyways, Connor ended up giving into Vincent's peer pressure, quite aggravated I must add. His fists were clenched, almost turning white, and his eyes were shut tight momentarily. My half-brother smirked in victory, then went to Kayla and some other demigods to discuss some plans.

I watched as Connor dug his nails into the heap of curls on his head, heard his breathing becoming more shallow and ragged. Travis immediately rushed to his side and held his brother's shoulder. My eyebrows scrunched together in both worry and confusion, so I walked up on the other side of the younger boy. He dug his nails deeper in his head, the corner of his eyes pricked with tears, his face twisted in fear. His breathing didn't slow down at all, but at least it wasn't accelerating.

"Connor, Connor, Connor." Travis continued repeating his brother's name in an attempt to calm him down. But no avail. "Connrade Stoll Jr.!"

That was his full name? Well, you live and learn.

From the corner of my eye, I spotted two figures walked out of the Hades cabin. I spun around and was able to see more clearly that they were Will and Nico. Will seemed like he was guiding Nico out of the cabin, and the son of Hades had sunglasses on too. I was too anxious to question this since the sunglasses thing seemed normal for demigods, so I waved Will over. The son of Apollo spotted me and the Stoll brothers and his expression turned slightly more grim. He whispered something in Nico's ear, had him sit down on the steps of his cabin and rushed over to us.

Realizing Connor's rapid breathing, he forced him to sit down on the grass. Travis and I crouched down next to them and watched Will work.

"He just has a panic attack," Will informed us, before turning back to him. He placed a hand on the younger boy's shoulder. "Connor Stoll, if you can still hear my voice, concentrate. Concentrate on what can pull you back to reality. Like your family-"

"Bad idea after our fight," Travis butt in.

Will sighed. "Your friends," he tried again.

"Yeah, he would also mutter at night about how he doesn't have friends in his sleep..." Travis trailed off, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

The medic groaned. "Well then what? Panic attacks for mortals are bad enough. For demigods, that's a whole new level of worry. Especially since such has never been recorded. It could take a while before it passes over." He leaned in closer to hear Connor. "He's barely even breathing guys. If both family and friends make him continue this, what can we do? I've had zero experience with panic attacks; none of us Apollo children do. Plus, the whole thing about our med-skills going wonky."