Chapter 21

"...how hard can it be? Feeling and stuff? It's like they define us. Emotions. You can't just live without happiness and anger and depression."

1 hour earlier

"No. No, this isn't you." Olivia said shaking her head back and forth.

"Told you." I said raising an eyebrow.

"How are you here? Why can I see you? You're dead! You are supposed to be dead!"

"I am dead." I said.

Her heart began to beat faster. I don't think I can hear Dan's. 

"Are you a-"

"Ghost? Yeah, I am." I answered Dan. 

"Are you going to hurt us?" he asked.

"Well. I must say I am quite offended that you would ask me that, Dan." 

"What happened to your face?" Olivia asked taking a step towards me. I stepped back knowing that she would'nt be able to touch me. 

"Nothing. It's not important. Look, you guys aren't supposed to see me. I don't know how this is possible, but somehow...I'm here."

"I'm-uhm, I'm confused." Dan said.

"Okay. I died. Remember that? Right. So then I went to this 'other side' where they told me that I can come back to life because I was way to young to die and I still had unfinished business. The only person who can see me, or was the only person who was SUPPOSED to see me, was Isobel."

"Isobel?" they both asked.

"Isobel's my sister."

Dan's jaw dropped. "No freaking way." Olivia said. 

"It's true." I said. "But you can't tell her that! She doesn't know that we're sisters."

"Aren't you going to tell her?" Dan asked. 

"Yes. But not now. Right now, I have to go back and try to haunt her."

"Haunt her?!" Olivia screamed.

"Yes! That's the only way for me to live again." I said.

"What do you mean by 'haunting'?" Dan asked. 

The same thing she did to me, idiot. But of course you don't know that. No one knows that. Not even Isobel. 

"I mean, I need to get her to block her emotions, feelings, you know, basically her humanity."

"Okay, so what if that works? And you're human again. Won't she still have her humanity blocked?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah, but she can turn it on again. I mean, how hard can it be? Feeling and stuff? It's like they define us. Emotions. You can't just live without happiness and anger and depression."

"You did." Olivia said. Ouch. Its true. I did. But it was hard because no one was there to help. Do you ever look back at something and just wish someone was there. Knowing that if they were, it would have made things much easier. But no, I had no one. No one understood what I was going through. I mean, people were there, but they only watched me suffer. Like friends, family. They couldn't help. No one could possibly help me. Its one of the worst feelings in the world. Feeling alone in a crowded place.

"I never said it was easy." 

"I just wish we could have helped. Why didn't you tell us?" Olivia asked.

"What was I supposed to say? That a ghost is haunting me and ruining my life? Killing every single person I care about just because I still felt emotion? That's not something you could say to someone without them thinking you're crazy."