''I don't like coffee'' She admitted gaining hold of her hand again.

''A milkshake?''

''Hate milk.''

''Hot chocolate?''

''It's burning outside man'' Rita laughed taking a quick glance to the outside, people still wearing summer clothes. It was September not November- she felt like saying.

He was beautiful, but wasn't so bright was he? Or maybe he was just trying really hard to apologize.

''A soda?'' He furrowed his eyebrows.

''Too much sugar - Dentist dad.'' She lied and she felt bad for a handful of reasons, but she really needed to pee. Yes, above hanging out with a beautiful human she wanted to empty her goddamn bladder.

''A water?'' He tried again. His eyes scanning her face, maybe he was trying to read her. But she had been told she wasn't easy to figure out. A family thing maybe?

''You know what? '' Rita smiled, finally giving in. An idea had dawned on her like a fresh breeze of wind. ''Yes, I'll have a water. But first let me go to the bathroom please and thanks.''

''I'll be waiting.'' He smiled as if he had just won the lottery, making Rita blush. Again.

She walked quickly to the bathroom, holding it in for as long as walking there from school was taking a toll on her so when she finally did her business she felt 20 years younger. And she was only 17.

Standing in front of the squared mirror she proceeded to brush her hair. She had straightened her hair in the morning; Isaac said it looked good on her, but if she was being honest she preferred it the natural way. She smiled at herself in the mirror.

Curls looked like pasta and she was getting hungry. Closing her shoulder bag she exited the bathroom.

''Here!'' The boy waved from the nearest table to the bathroom. Rita shook her head, trying to get the brain cells that seemed to wander off their usual spot whenever he smiled, to go back and properly make her function.

''So you have my apologetic water?'' She asked smirking faking a demanding tone.

''I do.'' He smirked back and moved his body to reveal one of everything he had referred as an option.

One coffee, one milkshake, one soda, one goddamn hot chocolate and the agreed water.

Rita opened her mouth to speak several times but he had completely bewildered away her ability to form words. Her eyebrows stood high in her forehead for a while, for so long that the boy had to freshen his smile, as his lips probably cramped up.

''Duuuudeeee.'' She finally came out with something, prolonging her speaking.

''Call me Peter!'' He said in a smirk as Rita sat down, still eye widened at the sight.

He had really done that.

''I'm Rita'' She told him either. 

''Well Rita, here's your apology.'' A smile crept in his face and the air grew thick with a tenderness that couldn't help but make her breathe slower, deeper, happier and she felt the heat raise to her cheeks as Peter looked in her direction, still grinning.

She snapped her head away.

After a while of not ever awkward silent, she could feel his eyes still on her as his voice sounded, so she silently and slowly inhaled and exhaled as the conversation cheerfully progressed, hoping secretly that his thoughts about her were good.