Twenty-One

Ariel in m/m

Flashback. 3 years ago. January 25, 2015.

Ariel
I'm waiting on D to come over since he had text my phone saying that we needed to talk and what he had to say couldn't be said over the phone. My doorbell rung I stood up from the living room and walked over to the door I unlocked the door letting D in I closed the door behind him.

"Hey."

"Wassup."

"So what's going on," I asked as I sat next to him.

"Us sleeping around with each other have to stop."

"What why is it something that I did?"

"No it's nothing that you did."

"Then what is it?"

"I can't continue this with you."

"So you take my virginity last month and now you're doing this to me you told me that you wasn't ready for a relationship after we had sex and I agreed because I wasn't ready either but last week you told me that you're ready to make it official I thought we was on the same page."

"Well we're not."

And with that D stood up and walked out of my apartment closing the door I sighed. 10 minutes later Haze walked into my apartment.

"Sorry girl but the line at Walgreens was a little long."

"That's fine."

"What's wrong?"

"They'll never be nothing between me and D ever."

"What why?

"That's what he said not me."

I took the bag from Haze and I walked to the bathroom I closed and locked the door. After peeing on the sticks I sat them on the counter and washed my hands.

"Have you peed yet," Haze asked outside of the door.

"Yes I'm waiting on the results."

"Okay."

"I now my body and I've never been late before a day in my life so when I didn't get my period on the 18th I knew something wasn't right but I just thought it was stress so I waited a few days but I still haven't got my period. I looked over at the tests seeing the plus sign I slid down the bathroom counter covering my mouth as I cried.

"Ari what's wrong?"

I couldn't even respond to Haze I knew D wouldn't want anything to do with me or the baby.

"Ari opened the door I'm getting worried."

I wiped my tears and opened the door Haze came in I pointed towards the tears and she looked at them then me.

"You should be crying happy tears."

"Why would I be crying happy tears when D left?"

"Call him."

I nodded I got my phone unlocking it and dialing D number realizing that he changed his number I hung up.

"D changed his number."

"Really," Haze looked at her phone.

"You're right Ari he changed his number listen make your appointment in the morning and get some rest it's getting late I'll talk to D."

"Okay."

We hugged Haze left out of the bathroom I looked at the tests once more and threw them in the trash I turned off the bathroom light and made my way towards my bedroom.

Hazel
I pulled up to D house I got out and walked straight in he came out the kitchen eating pizza I closed the front door.

"Wassup sis."

"I talked with Ari."

"Okay."

"And guess what?"

"What?"

"She's pregnant congratulations."

D started laughing.

"Nice try Haze Ari isn't pregnant I wore a condom."

"And condoms aren't always 100% effective they can break."

D laughed once more.

"Nice try Haze I know Ari got you trying to help her get me back she's not pregnant end of discussion but nice try though."

"D no ones playing."

"I guarantee you she's not pregnant."

"I guarantee you that she is pregnant."

"Listen Haze Ari isn't pregnant alright and that's it you two can stop plotting and don't bring her name up around me again."

I rolled my eyes in and walked out of D house he's in denial about Ari pregnancy I wished I would've gotten one of the tests from her to show him.

5 months later—June 26, 2015

D walked into my apartment going straight towards the kitchen I stood up from my couch and walked into the kitchen seeing him eating a banana.

"Ari is-," D cut me off.

"Haze when I told you to not bring her name up around me I meant what the fuck I said I don't care about Ari anymore and I don't care what she got going."

"D you can't be treating A-," D cut me off again.

"Don't care don't care I came over here to chill with my sister and not talk about your best friend."

"That you fucked 5 months ago and got her pregnant."

"She's not pregnant so quit saying that shit."

"But she is."

"Whatever Haze I'm out."

D walked out of the kitchen I heard my front door slammed I let out a frustrated scream. When D done said something he means what he says but I have no idea why he's treating Ari the way that he is when he sweated her since Freshman year now he's acting like this. Ari is a good girl and have a good heart and for D to treat her like this hurts her but me since we've been best friends since we was little. Ari walked in the kitchen holding her stomach.

"Still no luck?"

"No."

Ari sighed.

"We tried Haze and he still didn't listen I can't keep trying to be in their lives when he don't even want to hear my name."

"No Ari this isn't right he's my nieces father and he should be there."

"Haze we've been at this for 5 months I'm due in 4 months I can't keep stressing whether or not my daughters will have their father in their lives I have to get myself prepared for their labor."

"It still don't matter Ari this isn't right."

She shrugged her shoulders.

"It is what it is I have to go."

"Okay I'm not going to stop trying to talk to him."

"Okay."

Me and Ari hugged then she walked out of my kitchen I heard my front door close I sighed and went into the refrigerator to get something to eat. My parents and grandparents know about Ari being pregnant and that D doesn't want to talk to Ari or even hear her name.

A few weeks went by me and my parents have been trying to tell D about the twins we done tried everything from sitting him down trying to get him to listen, tying him up and duct taping his mouth but none of that have worked.