Thirty-Six

Hours later

Dave
I've been on eggshells since me, Haze and Kairi got back to the house simply because I don't know what the fuck she has planned. She's downstairs eating and I'm about to take a nap Kairi is already sleep.

"DAVE," Haze yelled.

I shot my eyes open and made my way down the stairs I walked into the kitchen seeing Haze clutching her stomach.

"Babe what's wrong," I said as I walked over to her I furrowed my eyebrows when I felt my socks get wet.

"My water broke," Haze said.

My heart dropped.

"It's too soon."

"I know Dave but it did."

"Where's the diaper bag and your bag?"

"Upstairs in our room in the closet."

I nodded and took off out of the kitchen going up the stairs I went into me and Haze room going over to the closet I grabbed Haze bag, Kaia bag, and the car seat I slid my feet in my slides I walked over to the bed grabbing her charger along with mines, plus my wallet, Haze Jeep keys and my phone. I walked out of the room going back down the stairs Haze was rubbing her stomach.

"Put your shoes on."

I walked over to the door I unlocked it I opened the door and walked over to Haze Jeep I opened the back door I sat the bags down then I placed the car seat in making sure that it's secured I closed the door I walked around to the driver side I opened the door leaned across the wheel and started up her Jeep. I closed the driver door and made my way back up the mini steps and into the house.

"Haze why you still standing there put your shoes on Ima go get Kai."

I made my way up the stairs I walked into Kai room I turned on the light and walked into the closet I got my phone and unlocked it I dialed my mama number.

Ma🥰: "Yes Dave."

Me: "Haze in labor."

Ma🥰:"What it's too early?"

Me: "I know ma it's my fault though I pranked her early and I sent into labor."

I walked out of Kai closet with her sandals I sat on her bed and put her shoes on.

Ma🥰:"Dave you didn't know that she was going to go into labor."

Me: "It's my fault ma and Kaia might not even make it because it's too early."

I paused and my mouth fell open.

"This is all my fault."

I heard my mama calling my name but I didn't hear her calling my name I was trapped in my own thoughts. I'm the reason why Haze is in labor and Kaia life is on the line.

"Dave I know you heard mama Faye," Haze said.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Haze she had my phone.

"It's my fault."

"What is?"

"You going into labor early it's my fault."

"Dave-," I cut Haze off.

"Nah Hazel this is my fault our daughter might not make it because of me."

"I-," I cut Haze off again.

"We should just co-parent."

"Really?"