Heather smiles and nods her head and looks at Chris. "Okay, what can I get you two?"

"Can I have the smothered burrito with a side of beans and rice with a cherry coke?" Chris asks as Heather nods her head.

"Would you like onions with that?"

"No thank you."

Heather nods her head writing down Chris's order before turning towards Ava. "I'll have the same thing except with a lemonade, no beans and with onions."

Heather nods her head and clicks her pen off and gives the two a smile. "Alright, I'll have your drinks out in just a moment."

Heather leaves, leaving the two alone. Chris smiles over at Ava raising his eyebrow at her earning a blush from her as she moves a curl behind her ear. "What?" She asks looking down at the table her fingers playing with each other nervously.

"Nothing, I just didn't know that you liked onions," Chris said shrugging his shoulders with the same smile on his face as he leaned his back against the chair but still looking presentable.

"I just like the flavor it gives the chili." Ava laughs and shrugs her shoulders. "Plus there isn't a lot that you know about me anyway Chris."

Chris laughs and nods his head. "That I don't. Why don't we change that." He says leaning towards the table his eyes gleaming at Ava who bites her lip nodding her head.

Heather comes back placing their drinks in front of them along with straws before excusing herself. Ava takes a sip out of her lemonade before asking Chris the only question that popped into her mind that very second.

"What's your favorite color?"

Chris laughs. "Blue, you?"

"Green."

"Team Stefan or Team Damon?" Chris asked knowing her crazy obsession with The Vampire Diaries that he learned one time when Corey and she were over at the apartment watching the show.

"Stefan all the way!"

Chris laughed and shakes his head. "I say, Damon. That guy is a badass."

Ava gasps placing her hand over her heart shaking her head as she stared at Chris in mock horror. "How could you say that? Stefan is a sweetheart and don't forget about what happened during the season finale."

Chris playfully rolls his eyes and shrugs his shoulders. "Stefan is a good guy, but he can't compare to Damon."

Ava shakes her head taking a chip and dipping it into the salsa. "Didn't take you as the type of guy to watch that show." Ava teases as Chris smiles, his dimples showing.

"My little sister watches it and got me into it."

Ava laughs earning another smile from Chris. He wasn't lying when he said that he also liked Ava. Ever since Grayson first introduced them he's always felt an attraction towards her, but he knew that she was blinded by Grayson's angel eyes to know what type of guy he really was. So when he first found out how Grayson reacted towards Ava's pregnancy, he felt like he should talk to her and let her know that she would always have him and that he was always there for her. What he didn't know was that he would ask her out and she would accept, shocking not only herself but him as well.

"I'm really glad you accepted going out with me," Chris said looking up with a smile as he poured more salsa into the circle bowl putting as little salt like he saw Ava do before dipping a chip inside. "It really made my day."

"I'm glad you asked me, especially after knowing my current situation." Ava said with a smile as she took a chip as well.

"I just want you to know that you have me, Ava. That I'm not going to abandon you knowing that you need someone and that you're not alone. Grayson is just an idiot that needs to open his eyes and take responsibility." Chris said shaking his head with a frown as Grayson popped into his mind. "I also don't think you got pregnant on purpose to ruin their relationship because I know you're nothing like that."

Ava gives him a thankful smile, tears welling up in her eyes as Chris's words processed in her head. It wasn't every day that someone said that to a pregnant girl, especially when there aren't many guys who would be willing to see past that the baby wasn't theirs but were willing to still be there for them, even if it weren't in a romantic way that Chris was trying to do. She was thankful for having someone like Chris actually see past that and be willing to help her.

"Thank you, Chris I hope you don't think that I am using you just because Grayson won't accept this baby." Ava whispers as Chris shakes his head.

"Ava don't think that. Of course, I know that. You're not that kind of girl and I want to help as long as you let me help."

Ava nods her head smiling. "Okay."

Chris smiles and takes Ava's hand from across the table, his thumb rubbing against her knuckles. "I wasn't lying when I said that I liked you Ava."

••• ||| •••

Chris walked Ava towards her apartment door, the sound of crickets could be heard from outside as the two stood by her door, the cold breeze hitting Ava's neck blowing her hair into her face. Chris chuckles lowly brushing her hair out of her face, his hand lingering on her face before falling to his side. 

"I had really fun Ava, you're actually a really cool person." Chris said shoving his hands in his pants pockets nervously. 

Ava bites her lip nodding her head. "I had fun too Chris, thank you so much for taking me out."

"No problem Ava, would you like to go out again with me?"

Ava nods her head as Chris's smile brightens. Ava takes a step forward, her hands shaking nervously as she stands up on her tiptoes planting a kiss on his cheek before pulling away with a blush staining her cheeks looking at Chris's wide grin in his face. 

Not even thinking, Chris cups Ava's face planting a sweet kiss on her lips. Ava smiles wrapping her arms around his neck a sigh of happiness leaving her lips as butterflies swarm around her stomach like a river.

"What the hell."

Ava and Chris quickly pull away looking towards the door where an angry looking Grayson stood glaring towards Chris and Ava.

Word Count: 1645

Song: Sober