~2 Years Ago~

You had just finished making dinner as your beloved walks in, staggering about. "You're just in time. Dinners done. Did you drink too much?" You offer a worried smile.

"Money..." He grumbles.

"You ran out again Rawrick? We just did a job yesterday..." You frown.

"Give me your half." His bloodshot eyes pierce you and he cups your cheek to give you a kiss.

"No. You're on your own this time. I can't keep bailing you out. We're supposed to be saving remember?" You pull away. His eyes narrow, and he punches you making you fall to the floor. Before you can get up he kicks your stomach. The shock that passed through you at that moment makes your heart sink as you cough in pain.

"No! Stop! The-"

"If it dies you dont have to keep saving right? I didn't want it anyway! Not with a beastly bitch like you! Useless! USELESS! How did I fall for such a bitch!" He sneers, kicking you over and over again. You felt your ribs crack and blood fill your mouth. Tears left your eyes, the pain and shock keeping you from moving.

By the time he stopped and left you could feel the reaper sitting on the table and watching you. Your eyes drift to it as everything blurs.

'You're dying. I've already taken the other one.' A voice rumbles.

"Then... Do it... It hurts too much..." You manage, spitting out blood.

'Mmm no... It would be a shame. You live. And you'll kill.' The dark shape looms over you. Your eyes drift away from him as your door opens.

"___? ___!" Their voices push your consciousness to fade.

~*~*~*~

"___?" Law leans over you in concern.

"I'm fine." You look away to find Chopper prancing about cheerfully. A smile comes to your lips. "He's kinda like a kid, don't you think?" You murmur.

"Well yeah, he's young after all." Law follows your gaze in confusion. Your hand drifts over your stomach.

"Such a cute little thing now that he's all cleaned up." You comment getting up. "I'm going to play with him." You decide. Law blinks at you in surprise at that.

"Be careful with your injuries." He says after you as you run to play tag with the howler. He blinks and smiles a bit, watching you. "What's gotten into you..."

Before long you stop playing to catch your breath, Chopper pushes you over playfully before laying beside you, snorting happily. You chuckle and relax, eyes drifting to the setting sun.

"We should return to the castle. Sanji's cooking something big for desert." He leans over you again.

"... But I don't want to go back..." You frown.

"You don't have to. But I'm going. I still have a job." He says starting off. You sigh and get up.

"Fine. I am feeling better now anyway." You gesture for Nox to come over. After mounting the horses you follow him back toward the kingdom's gates. Your mind went blank on the way back, only coming back on when you step into the castle.

"Hey. You back?" Law pokes your head.

"Hm... Yeah. I'm back now." You straighten. "Guess I'll go check in with the prince then... thanks for today Law." You smile. He nods before heading off. You make your way to Kid's room but you're intercepted by Killer.

"He went to his tower after you left." He tells you.

"Oh yeah?" You raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah. You okay?" He tilts his head. "You seem... Off..."

"... I don't know... It feels like something broke in me." You touch your chest. "But I'll be fine soon." You add.

"... Alright then... I'm heading for the dining room. You should eat too." He touches your arm.

"No. I'll wait for Kid." You murmur heading off. You wander a bit, soon finding the door to the tower. You stop at it, deciding to sit against the wall next to it to wait.

'What am I doing? I could leave. Never come back. Never fear this feeling in my chest again...' You frown. 'Why was I so easy to convince to stay...' You put your head to your knees briefly, pausing when you hear footsteps approaching. You get up as a guard appears. He pauses as your eyes meet and suddenly you're pinned to the wall by your throat.

"You... You're the reason the assassinations are failing... Aren't you?" He growls. Your eyes narrow briefly before you smirk.

"Yes. And I'll be responsible for this failure too." You murmur calmly, his eye twitches but widen as you stab a dagger through his arm. His grip loosens and you slam him into the door, pivoting back.

"You bitch!" He snarls moving to lunge at you but stops. You blink in surprise at the bladetip that stuck out of his chest. He slumps, falling forward. You catch him, but only to move him out of the way so the door could open.

"Are you okay ___?" Kid's voice makes you look over at him. He had bags under his eyes, and honestly he looked like a wreck.

"I'm fine... Come on your majesty, lets get cleaned up and fed." You tell him straightening. You turn to leave but something hitting the floor makes you pause and quickly turn back around to find him on his hands and knees, forehead pressed to the floor. "Kid?"

"I'm sorry.... I'm sorry for everything I am. For the things I've done just to make myself feel better. I'm sorry. I'm not strong enough to handle your rejection like a man." His fingertips dig into the carpet. Your eyes widen at his quivering and sincere voice. "It's hard to keep from thinking about you. I can't... And I can't have you so I... I don't know what to do..." He shakes slightly. You were dumbfounded for a moment, watching him.

"G-Get up, don't bow your head to me... You're the king..." You murmur.

"I'm the king. And I'll bow to the one's I hurt and wrong." He responds without raising his head. You kneel before him, frowning softly before touching your head to the floor beside his.

"I accept your apology... I'm sorry I'm so cold Kid. I didn't mean to push you to this extent." You whisper.

"It's not your fault. I pushed you too, because I wasn't thinking about you." He breathes.

"It is my fault. Killer said I'm like a cactus, it hurts to hug me." You joke lightly. "Now pick up your head. The blood is getting closer now." You get up, watching him as he does the same. He meets your gaze, eyes seeming clearer than they've ever been. Your heart tightens a bit. So this is what you do to people...

"I'm sorry Kid." You step forward, touching your forehead to his chest.

"Don't be ___... I was a wreck before you got here..." He touches your shoulder pulling you back slightly to give you a smile. "I'm going to work on it though. So can we try to start over?"

"... No. We don't have to start over. I know you better now. So it'll be okay." You smile back. "Now, lets get you back to normal, you look like someone that just crawled out of the dungeon."

".... Shit... Is it really that bad?" He frowns.

"Kinda. Shall I get the dresser?" You hum.

"If I need one then yes."