Until Dawn

You kept low, thankfully you could pinpoint another yellow rock when you reached one. The cool air blanketed your skin, but it was still. It was silent other than the occasional deep howling. Goosebumps were present on your skin as you try to stay silent, moving as quick you can. People were easy to sense when they were nearby. Beasts however, you could just sense in general, they didn't have to be close for you to feel like yo were about to be pounced on. You had no way of knowing how close they were unless they caught your eye.

Peering around cautiously, you jump slightly when your foot catches a stick. You take a moment to calm your heart. You hated places like this. Your extrasensory just made you jumpy and paranoid. Your eyes glide up to the tree that marked your destination and you relax, mind moving to Kid. You didn't have time to- something moves in your peripheral and you freeze, looking over.

It's large antlers hung with intestines, matted pelt shifting over it with a greenish tint under the moon light. You slowly move from it's sight as you draw your dagger, leaning back against a tree. It lets out a soft snort, breathing in heavily. Leaves crunching quietly as it moves closer.

A cloud from it's breath appears next to your tree. The bucks head eases around slowly black eyes reflecting you just before you jam your blade up into its skull. It groans it's last breath before dropping. Removing the dagger, your nose is met by the scent of death. Your nose wrinkles, sniffing at the blade and nearly gagging, yep that that's where that smell was coming from. You peer around as a howl sounds closer. Looking back at the blood, you frown heavily and wipe it over your visible skin and clothes, maybe this would help?

Law frowns lightly as the torch next to the rock burns out. "Why the hell would she risk her life..." Kid's murmur draws his gaze to the redhead.

"I have no idea." Law deadpans. "As much as she complains about you." Kid glances at him.

"Complains about me?... It's the chambermaid thing isn't it?" Kid frowns closing his eyes.

"No, just your utter disregard for your own safety when people are trying to kill you." Law states. "I hope you know that if she doesn't return by morning and you're still alive, I'm going to make it a very painful death."

Kid watches him for a moment or two, "Are you two.... Together?" He inquires just before the spasms start again. Law frowns, pressing a wet rag to the prince's forehead.

"No... But finding another woman like her will be impossible... It'll be a real shame if she dies." Law looks back out toward his marker. "So I pray to any god listening, for her return."

You stop next to a tree, blinking at the meadow in relief. "Oh lovely flowers, I'm so glad to meet you before death." You whisper kneeling done and touching one. Glancing around, you find that sticking in the tree line would steal more time that you didn't have, the meadow was to big. Crossing was your only option it seemed.

"For Kid." You tell yourself before carefully making your way to the giant tree on the other side. Soon your eyes lock on the glowing flowers at it's roots. A small smile comes to your lips as you kneel and collect as many in your satchel as you can. A soft huff behind you makes you freeze. Turning your body, you raise your dagger defensively at the small Howler. Between it's tiny antlers sat a pink hat and it staggers back slightly, ears lowering in fear.

Your muscles didn't move to harm the creature as it's big eyes reflect you. You frown slightly giving a growl to scare it off. It falls back, but something else catches it's gaze and it's head swivels to the side as a scared noise leaves it. You look over as a feline like howler leaps at you.