For That Reason

"Chopper... Stay still." You grumble scrubbing the Howler's pelt. Killer was guarding Kid today, you were taking a mini vacation away from the impulsive king.

"You're certainly annoyed today." You glance back as Law comes over.

"Yep..." You focus on Chopper's matted pelt again.

"Did the King do something?" He guesses. You growl under your breath. Law frowns coming over to sit beside you. "Wanna get out of here for a bit? I need to collect herbs." He breathes. You peer at him and nod. "Alright, meet me at the gates once you're ready." He hums, touching your back briefly before leaving you alone. You relax, closing your eyes in thought. "Alright Chopper, want to come along and see the forest? Go to Law." You tell it getting up. He snorts softly, following after the doctor.

You head inside, deciding you should at least tell the King that you were going out. You pause, finding Killer guarding his door with a frown. He spots you and pauses, shifting slightly. Your eyes narrow, going to the door as a familiar sound pushes it's way through. You feel a spark of anger pulse through your veins, going to the door and giving a hard kick. "I'm going to collect herbs with Law." You growl to Killer going past on your way backout.

Killer watches you in concerned surprise. "Get out!" Kid shouts, making him jump as the door swings open and a shaken chamber maid wearing only a sheet rushes past. Killer peers in at the red head, a blanket covering his lower half and an arm over his eyes as he bites his lip harshly.

"... Are you alright?" Killer asks though it was obvious the king wasn't.

"What the fuck is wrong with me?" Kid murmurs. Killer frowns lightly, rubbing his cheek.

"I get you're frustrated Kid. But if you really care about ___, you need to stop looking at yourself." He states before closing the door. Kid sighs, uncovering his bloodshot eyes and staring at the ceiling in shame.

You look around as Nox follows after Law and his horse. "I don't remember ever going this way." You comment.

"Good, then I'll get to show you something beautiful." He rumbles, peering back at you. "Are you feeling any better?" He adds.

"I think so... Thanks for this." You tell him.

"I don't know what is going on between you and him... But I want you to know I'm here when you do want to talk about it." He glances back at you.

"Geez. Its troubling when someone can see through me like this." You smile a bit. Soon you both come to a small flower meadow. You close your eyes to enjoy the sweet scents. "This is the place Nox." You murmur rolling off the horse and into the field. "This is where I'll die." You decide, looking at the sky.

"I bring you to a beautiful place and you claim it as your death bed..." Law sighs getting off his horse. "But I guess I'm glad you think so highly of it..."

"Yeah... I might just stay here for a few days." You murmur in thought.

"You cant. Kid will definitely corner me again if you dont return with me." He frowns. "Unless you say I can stay with you that is."

"Cornered you?" You peer at him.

"Well yeah. He does that sometimes now to find out how you're healing well... But I think he believes there's something going on between us." Law sits beside you.

"You men need to realize I'm not interested." You murmur coldly glaring at a cloud.

"___.... Who hurt you?" He murmurs. Your eyes narrow at the sky.