Fear

You clean your new dagger with a small smile as Law tends to your wounds. "You seem fond of that." He hums.

"It's a beautiful piece, SilverDown truly makes the best." You comment peering at him. He meets your gaze as he begins to wrap your injuries.

"And apparently herders make the best warriors." He comments.

"Heh... I'm just used to handling monsters." You hum.

"I suppose... You look beautiful today by the way." He murmurs. You blink and look down at your bandages and uniform.

"... Sure." You meet his gaze disbelieving. He searches your face before brushing some hair from your face.

"You truly are." He smiles softly. You recall the kiss before that horrific night in the woods and offer a smile.

"I don't think I'm the type you should fall in love with Law." You breathe getting up once he's finished, pulling on your top. "I have to go wake the prince now." You start for the door.

"I think you are," He says after you. You stop in the doorway and look back at him. "You're just scared to find out."

"Fear has nothing to do with it." You assure before continuing to Kid's room.

Easing in, you find him sitting up in his bed, rubbing his eyes sleepily. "Good morning your majesty," You greet, making him look up.

"You didn't go back to sleep did you?" He guesses with a sleepy grumble. You pause, slightly surprised he brought it up. A few hours after you had fallen asleep, you woke up from a nightmare. Apparently you had made a sound that woke him as well, and he had leaned over you in concern as you had panicked slightly before remembering where you were.

"... I didn't wish to wake you again your majesty. I picked out your clothes for the day. Today you'll be listening to citizens." You tell him, turning to go out.

"Wait... You never told me what it was about." He says. You touch the door knob.

"It doesn't matter... But if you must know... It was that night all over again." You sigh before going out swiftly. You didn't understand why he was concerned. Sure you had saved him, but he should be used to it by now. You frown at the ground as you start for the kitchen. You felt tired, you've been up well before dawn, just wandering lost until others began to wake.

Someone walks past you and you stop, looking after the guard. You frown and go after him. He touches the hilt of his sword as he nears Kid's door. Your frown deepens, raising your dress slightly to touch the hilt of your dagger. Kid comes out, narrowly dodging the guard's blade. Your dagger pierces the guard's neck, you pause glancing at Kid's sword that had pierced the guard's chest at the same time.

Kid looks at you as you look at him in surprise. "I'm alright." He says before you can ask, ripping his sword free. You remove your dagger as the guard drops.

"... Good..." You murmur before escorting him toward the dining hall. Odd, when did he get on edge?

"You alright? You didn't hurt yourself moving like that did you?" He asks. You give him a look, stepping away from him.

"Do not concern yourself with me please." You frown lightly. Kid blinks at you, raising an eyebrow.

"... Alright then..." He mutters with a light frown. He was a bit frustrated with your 'wall' as Killer had called it. To him it was clear that you were still wary of him, but you and the doctor seemed close. He didn't like it, it bothered him, but what could he do about it? "Will you sit with me for breakfast then?"