Avoid It

You open your eyes to a blue and green hued cave. You sit up, body still aching. A breath escapes you as you look around. How beautiful, you've never seen something like this before. You reach up to the wall to touch the glow. It moves and you jump slightly, peering at it curiously. "Worms...." You breathe. Kid shifts, making you look over at the sleeping prince. He was much closer than when you fell asleep. You lean over, looking at his face.

"Troublesome guy. Wake up." You pat his cheek. A soft hum leaves him and his eyes eases open. He suddenly sits up, looking around the cave.

"What.... The hell...?" He mutters.

"Glow worms, guess we couldn't see them before because of the torch." You answer his question before getting up. "I'm going to swim through and see if I can find a way out. Then I'll come back for you. You point to the river that went through it.

"And if you don't?" He inquires lightly. You look at him and deadpan.

"Don't you know by now not to underestimate me? I'll come back, its part of my job." You scoff, going to the wall where the river ran through. You take in a few deep breathes to ready your lungs.

"And if it wasn't part of your job?" Kid asks, making you pause. You look back at him.

"I'd still come back for you. So wait and... Play with the worms or something." You look at the water, taking in a breath before diving into the darkness.

He frowns and sits down on a rock to watch the water. He already missed you. Wait... What the hell was up with him? He rubs his face with a scowl. "Stop acting like a needy child..." He scolds himself. He became helpless whenever you were with him. You were so strong and independent, he felt like there was nothing he could do for you. A heavy sigh escapes him and he peers at the water again.

"Why is this so hard?" He grumbles to himself. Trusted servants turning on him, being hunted in his own home, being saved by a servant. Yet, THIS was hard for him, trying to figure out how to repay you, how to get closer to you. He closes his eye, chest feeling as if something heavy was pressing it. "Seriously... What is this?" He breathes touching his chest.

He opens his eyes the water ripples and your head breaks the water, breathing heavily. "You okay?" He asks, touching your cheek. You meet his gaze, still breathing heavily.

"Thirty-two seconds," You manage.

"What?" He raises an eyebrow at you.

"That's how long you're going to have to hold your breath." You tell him. He blinks at that, looking to the water. "It'll be okay, all you have to do is hold onto me, I can use the walls to move." You assure. He blinks at you at that before nodding slightly. You turn back to the water. "Come on." You murmur, pausing briefly as his arms wrap around your waist. "Alright, deep breath," You instruct, sucking in air.

You make sure he gets ready before you dive back into the pitch black water with him. He was heavy, but you're able to claw your way along the black walls, moving as quick as you can with Kid. Soon, light appears ahead and you move faster until your heads break the water. Kid coughs heavily as you help him to the shore. He lays on his back, looking up at the sky.

"We're out..." He breathes. You look over the lake that was attached to the outlet.

"Yeah... You know of any lakes on your land?" You inquire.

"Yeah... But, I don't know this one." He looks to the lake with you.

"Alright, I'll scout the area, try to get dried off," You tell him, getting up. Kid gets up at that.