Chapter 22: School Starts Soon

Start from the beginning

If I wasn't a problem, I wouldn't have to ruin dad's life because I had to move in with him.

If I wasn't a problem, my stepbrothers wouldn't hate me for ruining their life.

If I wasn't a problem, none of this wouldn't have happened.

So why am I still alive? I literally can't do anything right. I'm a mess.

***

It was already morning. I was tried and exhausted. I didn't exactly know where I was??? I got up and started making my way home. I think. Why am I going home? I feel like a burden already, this was just making me feel worse. I finally found home and snuck back into my room.

I jumped down from the window next to my bed and flinched when I heard someone's voice, "Dang it, she's back."

I turned my head to the chair and saw Ethan on his phone. "You're back already?"

"W-what are you doing?"

"You know, that's the first time I heard you speak in a while. And couldn't you be gone for a little longer? Like, forever?"

I didn't have anything to say, so I just stared at him, waiting for him to do something. "Oh yeah, dad's downstairs." He walked out of the room, not saying anything else.

I didn't want to talk to my dad. Ugh. Everything is complicated right now. I'm stressed and my head hurts like hell.

"Evanna?" Dad called, and heard footsteps coming closer to my room. He rushed in and when he saw me, his face flooded with relief. He hugged me, and I stiffened.

I slightly pushed his arms away, making it clear that I really didn't want to talk to him. I couldn't just forgive him for what he said. It really hurt me.

"I'm sorry, Evanna. I didn't mean those things," He mumbled.

I looked at the ground and sat on my bed.

"I do care about you and your mother. I really did love both of you so much. It's just that I moved on."

"Okay, Dad. Can you please leave?"

His face flashed with hurt, but he gave me a sad smile. "Sure. Please, I'm sorry. I really am." He walked out, and I went on my phone, sighing.

***

It's been few days. I told my dad I'd forgive him, even thought there was still a bit of hurt in me. He accepted it, and tried to move on, but sometimes it was still awkward between us. As for my step brothers, nothing changed. Maybe it did, actually. They got meaner.

"Do you realize that people just tolerate you?" Ethan smirked.

Dad and Rose left, leaving me alone with them.

"Anyone who loved you was wrong," Jayden said, staring at me with pure hatred.

I tried ignoring them and reading, but I couldn't. My room door was broken, making it completely useless going in there. They were playing a new game today. It was called, Follow Evanna and day stuff to her.

Jayden threw my book across the room, making me flinch. "I'm so fucking tired of you being here." He shoved me into the counter. "Can't you just fucking die?"

"Jayden, please," I said, looking at the floor.

"You made my life miserable. I'm going to make your life miserable too," he said, and I felt a sharp pain in my leg. He kicked me—hard. I cried in pain as I fell down, feeling my leg ache. Jayden scoffed, "Go kill yourself, piece of shit."

An hour passed. Dad and Rose finally came home.

"Boys, take Evanna and go back to school shopping with her. School starts in two days," Rose said, coming downstairs.

Ethan rolled his eyes. "Okay."

I don't know if I should be excited for school or not.

"Uh, Evanna, can you pass me the remote?" Dad asked, awkwardly.

"Yeah, sure." I gave him the remote, the awkward tension filling the room.

"So, school starts soon. You excited?"

"I guess."

He smiled. "If anyone bothers you, just tell me."

"Okay, Dad," I said, returning his smile.

***

Sorry, very short chapter.

I cannot wait for the later chapters coming out because it's stuff I wanted to write for a long time and I finally get to upload the chapters soon. Stay tuned for that...

I really am trying my hardest to upload chapters constantly, but school really is being a problem. I love school, but this year I have way more stuff to do. Thanks for understanding!

Anyway, thank you very much for reading! Consider giving a vote, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Vote
Comment
Share
:)