Lucas's face softened as he asked another question , "Then why did you spend the night here and why did a bunch of people see you two leaving the school together yesterday?" He asked.

"Tyler took me out so I could take my mind off of the fact that the entire school hates me because they think I'm a home wrecker. We went out to dinner and then we came here to hang out. We drank and neither of us were good enough to drive so I just slept here. That's all." I said, opting to leave out the brief make out session, since I knew that wouldn't help my cause any.

Lucas's face filled with regret when I commented about the fiasco with Katie that had happened the day before I knew he immediately regretted how he'd acted. But I was still furious, "I'm sorry Ariel I-"

I cut him off, "No. You don't get to fucking do that. You don't get to make that face and apologize and expect everything to be okay. It doesn't work like that. Get out." I said.

Tyler stood up, "I'll bring you to your car." He said, placing his hand on the small of my back, knowing how hard this was for me.

"No...I can do it. I'm leaving anyways. Let's go princess." Lucas said before heading towards the door.

"No." I said.

Lucas turned to look at me, surprised, "What?" he asked quietly, hoping he hadn't heard what he'd thought he'd heard. 

"I don't want to go anywhere with someone who can't trust me or let me live my life and make my own choices." I said, feeling myself approach tears.

"What are you saying princess?" Lucas asked, using his nickname for me in an attempt to try and bring me back.

"I'm saying go away, Lucas." I whispered, looking at the ground.

It was silent for what felt like an eternity before I heard footsteps walking out of the room and down the stairs.

I had never felt more heartbroken in my life than I did in that moment. Sobs wracked my body as my heart fell to pieces, and I cried. I'd never cried in front of anyone except for my parents and Lucas before that moment, but I didn't care if the entire world saw me. I was heartbroken.

Tyler wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest. He stroked my hair and let me cry.

After a few minutes when I had calmed down and pulled my head away from his chest he cupped my tear-stained face in his hands and looked me in the eyes, "One of these days, that dumbass is going to come to his senses and realize that he loves you and has been in love with you, and you are finally going to get everything that you deserve." He said to me.

I shook my head, "He doesn't love me." I said.

"Yes he does." Tyler said with full confidence.

"How can you tell? Because I can't." I said with a helpless shake of my head.

"Ariel. The way he looks at you. The way he treats you. The way he talks about you when you aren't around. He is head over heels for you. Anyone can tell." Tyler said.

"Then why does he do this? He goes and gets a girlfriend less than a week after telling me he loved me, even though he only mean it as a friend, and then he treats me like this. Why?" I asked. 

"Because. Lucas always said he would never fall in love. Not after witnessing so much sadness from what he'd ben told was love. He doesn't know how to react. He's with Katie because he's trying to convince himself that he doesn't actually love you. But eventually, he'll realize how he really feels." Tyler said.

I was quiet as I thought about his words. Tyler spoke up, "Come on. I'll take you to your car." He said as we walked downstairs and outside to the car.