The Duet

A/N I just wanna say that I have nothing against Younha, I think she's very talented and I really like her music. Her actions in this and the chapters to come are purely made up and have no relation to her behavior in reality. Thank you, you may proceed.

I watched as my boss signed the contract for a duet between Monsta X and Younha, "I know this is a new sound for you boys," Mr. Kim said smiling and closing the folder, "but I think this more ballad type song is something the fans will love. Make Monbebe proud, hwaiting (good luck)!"

Shownu held an expressionless face as he always did, but bowed slightly in respect for the founder of Starship Entertainment. I can't imagine what sort of respect and gratitude they must feel towards Mr. Kim. He gave them their career, their life, their fans. If there's anything I know about Monsta X it's that they love their fans no matter what and above all. Younha's manager and boss nodded in return and the higher up's all left the room, saying that they wanted to give the artists a chance to get acquainted. I sighed, they expected me to leave as well, but the boys gestured at me with their eyes for me to stay. I sat down at the long meeting table and politely nodded toward Younha.

It's been a long day, the boys had dance practice for most of the day, then they had a short interview with an American company, Kihyun and Minhyuk got into a small fight over a messy hotel room that I had to resolve. Last but definitely not least, there was this lengthy boring meeting that I had to sit through. I just want to go home and sleep honestly, but the artists need a chance to talk. So I'm kind of annoyed.

"It's nice to meet you, Younha-sunbae. We look forward to working with you," Shownu spoke again and the rest of the boys simply smiled at her.

I'm sure she feels overwhelmed with all those guys around her, "Yeah yeah, great to meet you too. Now can we do some brainstorming about actual work please," Well....I was wrong.

Kihyun coughed and took his usual position as mother and protector of the rest of his group, "Of course Sunbae, you're right, we should get straight to work on the song."

I could see it in Kihyun's face that he was annoyed. I don't blame him, in my opinion the woman was being rude, even if she was the eldest, "Thank you, Kihyun-ah. At least someone in this room has some sense," I felt my skin crawl as she innocently blinked and twirled her hair.

I'm sure my lip curled, because the woman gave me a unpleasant sneer, no more unpleasant than her personality though. Wonho chuckled and Hyungwon stared at the ground, they're both going to be in trouble, aren't they?

"Such disrespect, don't laugh at me little boy.....and look at me when I'm talking to you Hyungwon-ah!" The boys both stopped what they were doing and followed her orders just like puppets on strings. I hate those stupid Korean honorific rules (no offense to intended).

"Why don't we just get started, Younha-sunbae?" Shownu suggested, obviously annoyed with the woman they'd be working with for at least three weeks.

"Of course, Shownu-ah," She said and sashayed over to the studio. I really don't like her.

I watched as they all looked at each other, giving looks that only best friends share. They all expressed their exasperation with a simple eye-roll. I followed them like a body guard would, this wasn't really my business sense it was the song writing process or whatever. But I needed to make sure these boys didn't go off on Ms. Stuck-up Princess. When we reached the recording room they all sat down at a table and pulled out notebooks along with their phones.

"So what genre do you think would be best for the single?" Younha rudely rolled her eyes at Changkyun's comment to which Kihyun immediately tensed, obviously protective of the maknae.

"Why don't we just brainstorm ideas for lyrics first?" Jooheon mumbled, growing nervous at her superior attitude. It was odd to see him like this, he was normally so extroverted.

"Sure," She said and began to write words on the chalkboard that stood in the corner.

***2 Hours Later***

"I think we've got enough for today," Minhyuk stated in an unusually soft voice.

The boys actions when with this girl were shocking to me, they all became so timid. Especially Minhyuk and Jooheon, those two were normally the sunshine of the group, but when around Younha they acted like they had just stolen the last cookie.

"I agree," I said. My voice was scratchy from not having spoken in the past four hours.

"This doesn't have anything to do with you, little girl," Younha sneered at me for the thousandth time tonight, "Why are you here anyway? What are you, a sasaeng?"

Wonho immediately stood and put his arm around my shoulder, "She's are manager, and we'd appreciate it if you gave her some respect please, Younha-sunbae."

"Show her some respect," She scoffed, "Please, why don't you show me some respect Wonho-ah? I don't appreciate your attitude, I don't happen to like any of your attitudes."

The boys came to surround me. It felt nice to know that they supported me this way, even if it was against their elder and superior in the working community, "We're done for today," Hyungwon said, grasping my hand and pulling me out of the room with everyone else following in suit.

"Thanks guys," I muttered. They only smiled and asked what I wanted for dinner.