Unexpected Offers

My eyes felt like death. That's all I have to say, but I think that's the best way to describe my situation. I haven't slept since I got to the hospital, which was several hours ago and it's currently 5:00 a.m. I'm okay with it though, it's forced me to face my fears, and Cade is more important to me than my own problems. What kind of sister would I be if I didn't come after I got the call, certainly not a good one that is!

*Ten Hours Earlier*

I gripped the warm cup of coffee between my hands and slowly lifted it to take a sip. It tasted just as it had that day, with Wonho. The boys had just arrived back in the U.S. to make a business agreement with someone, I'm not really filled in on any of the details. I don't know what had compelled me to tell Kihyun to meet me here when he asked if I could meet up with him. Rosie's Cafe honestly seemed like the worst place I could've suggested, but here we are. At any rate, I do like they're food but the memory that goes along with the coffee isn't my favorite. I'm such an idiot, how could I have fallen for an idol. I knew that his career was more important than his managers sister! Why the heck had I let my feelings cloud my better judgement? I've been continuously beating myself up over this for the past week, I'm done with thinking about him. I'm over it, we're done that's the end of it.

I turned my head at the sound of a jingling bell that is the customer alert. However, the face I saw was not Kihyun's, it was the jerk himself. Wonho. I jumped up and grabbed my bag, and began to stomp out of the cafe. His eyes met mine, and I immediately noticed the dark circles under his beautiful orbs. My heart felt instant pain at his suffering, I pushed the concern away and continued my way out of the restaurant. I was outside of the building before I felt his hand grasp my wrist.

"Why are you running, jagiya?" My pulse increased at the endearment, but I still pushed him off of my arm. I refused to let this man get the better of me.

"Don't touch me you jerk!" I shouted at him, paying no attention to the busy street around us, "We're done, I'm not falling for you tricks anymore!"

The confusion in his features was obvious, but I tried not to let it bother me as I started to walk off again. Unfortunately I didn't get far before his warm hand could be felt on my arm once again. The hot tears were building up in my eyes, I didn't want to cry for him, I wouldn't cry for him. He wasn't worth the tears, he wasn't!

"Jade~" He whispered, pulling me back to him gently, "I don't understand why you're angry baby? Help me understand."

I felt the single tear roll down my cheek as I turned to face him. The undying kindness in his eyes killed me, I couldn't accept the fact that I still loved him, we were over, over. His hand reached up to brush his thumb on my cheek, removing the tears on my skin. I was shaking, and nothing seemed to be able to help it. The feeling of his hand touching my skin made tingles race across my body. I hated how he affected me, I hate it. On instinct, I leant into his hand, enjoying the last time he would be near me.

"I don't understand, jagiya. Please, please, don't do this without me knowing the reason. Saranghae (I love you)," The words he spoke at the end must be important, but I didn't know what the meant, so the message was lost to me.

How could he not know about that message, he wrote it, didn't he? I pulled my phone from my back pocket and pulled up the claim on Amino. I shoved my screen in his face and watched as he read the words that had brought me so much pain.

"Y-you said I didn't mean anything to you. Y-you said you didn't really know me at all, you lied." His eyes widened in recognition. So he did write it.

"I had to baby, I had to I swear! The company was going to disband us if we didn't do something about the pictures that had been taken. I wouldn't have done it otherwise, I thought you would know that, I never meant to hurt you," I scoffed at his explanation. The naive little girl part of me had forgiven him, but I was about to turn him down. That was until I saw the look in his tired eyes.