Uh Oh

"May I ask what exactly is going on?" The look my older brother gave me was certainly the death stare of all death stares. His murderous glare was just slightly short of giving me a heart attack and really killing me.

"C-cade," I threw my arms up and tried to go hug him, which ended with me being pushed away painfully, "I thought you weren't getting out of the hospital until next week!"

"There was a change of plans," He growled, keeping the same intense look he'd been giving from the very first moment he saw Younha and my fight.

"Oh well that's great-" I began to say before I was rudely interrupted by my frighteningly angry family member.

"Come with me now," Cade gave a small smile to the fuming pop star beside me and grabbed me by the ear, his eyes never leaving the flirty-queen, Younha.

He tugged me through the entire building, we only stopped for a break once he was sweating like a pig. Cade had at least let go of my ear before deciding to participate in the Ultramarathon, which is 3,100 miles if you didn't know, my wrist however got a lovely introduction to his hand.

We both stopped running as he pulled me into the nearest broom closet, yup, I'm in trouble. I lent against the dusty wall after moving a mop out of my way and gave Cade a small, joking, smile, "So how've you been lately?"

"You idiot," He scoffed and ran his hand through his styled hair, "Do you realize what you've done?"

I shook my head sarcastically, "I most certainly didn't get into a cat fight with the biggest female singer at Starship that's for sure if that's what you think."

He rolled his eyes and pointed to my hair, which was a tangled mess from her manicured nails, "Oh really, then what's this?"

"That?" I laughed nervously and avoided looking him in the eyes, "She just wanted to try a new look, but wasn't sure how it'd turn out so she did it on me first, what do you think? I personally think it might be a bit much."

"Right, just like that giant bruise by her cheek," I faltered for a moment, but I wasn't going to give up that easily.

"Younha-sunbae said she had sore jaw muscles, so I gave her a cheek massage, but I may have been a bit harsh," I blinked up at my brother innocently as he sighed in exasperation with my pathetic lies.

"Look sis, I know you probably enjoyed spending time with the boys, but you're most definitely fired. Thank you for filling in for me, please don't ever come back to my place of work ever again."

I think I may have left my jaw on the floor when I left, I'll go and look for it later.

"Fired?"

"Most definitely," I air quoted to the boys in order to express my overwhelming exasperation with my uptight older brother.

"So Cade is going to be our manager again?" Minhyuk asked quietly, they were all obviously put down by this news.

"I guess so," I sighed, "This isn't even fair, she hit me first! I can't believe my stupid brother is firing me over something that's not even my fault, ugh, he always does this!"

The boys looked horrified by my outburst, especially Hyungwon, it was then that I remembered the whole 'respect your elders and be polite' thing. Oops. Wonho came over and put his arm around me, it was comforting, but for a moment I felt sad at the thought that he probably hadn't even fully understood what I'd said. I pushed the thought away and hide my face in his neck. They all looked rather sad, despite the fact that I'd only been their manager for like three days and we hardly spoke the same language. I should learn Korean just in order to speak to them. Another string of doubt came into my mind, but they'll be gone before you can even say 'hi'. It hit me like a brick had been catapulted at my face. They were leaving soon, Wonho was leaving soon.

"Are you okay, Jade?" Hyungwon asked in his ever concerned and perfect voice.

I gave him little sad smile and stood up, pulling away from my boyfriend, "I think you should all get some sleep, I may not be your manager anymore, but I still know tomorrow's schedule! Off to bed all of you!"

I waved them off before they could see the single tear that crept down from my eye.

Later in my room I heard the door creak open, I was expecting to see Wonho's newly purple hair peak out of the crack in the door, but I was surprised with a mop of pink. Hyungwon. The man walked over to my bed and sat down on the side, he looked understandably uncomfortable yet worried. I smiled at him, despite my own tiredness, I bet he's even more exhausted. When I opened my mouth to speak, he did something unexpected, he drew me into his arms and simply held me there. Hyungwon's hug wasn't like Wonho's. It was just as warm and inviting, but they were different. Wonho had a grasp of possessiveness to him, however the man holding me now had a certain safety and sacrificial feeling to him. As if he felt I didn't belong in his arms, but thought I needed to be there right now. It made me feel a growing warmth in my chest that I wanted to keep with me.

"Are you alright, Jade?" He repeated his question. Because he knew I had been lying.

"No," I sighed sadly, letting him tug me closer in his fatherly-brotherly . . . and something else grasp.

He slid his hand over my hair comfortingly in a repeating cycle, "What can I do?"

I sniffled a bit, "Nothing. But that's okay, I don't expect you to do anything."

"Arraseo (Okay)." So he didn't do anything and we just sat in each other's comforting hug until we fell asleep.

Maybe I should have felt guilty for hugging another man, but it was Hyungwon and Wonho, they were like brothers to each other and nothing could ever come between them. They wouldn't never try to steal something that belonged to the other, not a chance. These members were family.