Ch. 8 Shared Love

"You seem troubled Naruto."

Naruto, looking far worse than usual with his tousled hair and baggy eyes, looked up from his work. Trying to figure out how to handle the small feud going on between the clans was not easy. Marrying out of one clan and into another clan was always incredibly messy and complicated.

Normally he would enlist the help of Shikamaru who, by now, probably knew how to resolve this sort of stuff. No doubt it happened within his own clan from time to time, however, he had given the day off to his advisor. He felt guilty; the thought of the other being back home after a trip and he spent that time with him and not his wife.

"Troubled...hmm." He was really trying to concentrate on the deals being made between the clans to make sure all was fair. Kakashi was not helping.

"Did you have fun on your birthday?" That ever so perverted sensei of his wiggled his eyebrows and looked at him with a weird leer.

"You look like you didn't sleep all night." Naruto pursed his lips together, eyes narrowing as a pink hue settled onto his cheeks. He couldn't help but sink into his seat in embarrassment as the memories of the previous night surfaced into his head.

It was certainly a night of passion. His back still hurt but he could support it better now compared to the first or second time around. A few marks littered his body when they got up to go to work but all were manageable to hide. Normally marks wouldn't be a problem if they were from a mission or a scuffle with his kids resulting in some bruises from playing a bit too rough. Kurama could easily fix those without asking but this? Kurama wasn't healing him and he definitely wasn't going to ask him to. It shamed him too much.

As his sensei waited for an answer, he realized he had to come up with something quick before Kakashi's nosy self got into their business.

"I kinda forgot about it, if I'm being honest." Kakashi hummed, leaning back on the window sill.

"Yeah, forget about it while getting your back blown." He thought to himself, giggling as he read through his book. How funny. The protagonist of his book is cheating on her husband with his childhood friend.

"What a coincidence." He stepped down and into the office, closing his book before handing Naruto a scroll.

"Well, here you go. My gift to you, my favorite alumni. All expenses paid for a trip to any Ryūkyū Resort." Naruto rolled his eyes but accepted it with a smile on his face. He stood up from his seat, slightly wincing as he strained his backside. Maybe he wasn't as used to it as he thought he was.

"Than-AHH" He yelped as he was dragged across his desk, papers flying everywhere.

"Hmm, Kurama isn't healing them huh?" He slowly opened his eyes, looking up at Kakashi who looked down his shirt.

"You fucking pervert!" He said, yanking his hand out and glared at Kakashi. Some shinobi he is. In his defense though, he wouldn't expect Kakashi to yank him out of his desk.

Then it dawned on him.

"So you know now... or knew?" He sighed, standing up properly and fixing the collar of his cloak before leaning back on his desk. He gripped the table with both of his hands, looking down in shame. He didn't realize they would be discovered so soon.

What was worse though was the pit he felt in his stomach at the idea of stopping whatever they had.

"I suspected it for a while. Didn't want to believe it but knowing you for so long..." Kakashi felt a sudden pressure build up in him. He knew why he decided to confront Naruto but now, after doing it, he felt this heaviness in his chest. Discovering and solidifying the fact that someone you care about did something bad felt god-awful.