Ch. 3 With A Single Thought

He woke up, his bandaged hand balancing on the sofa's arm to help him sit up. His miniature office in his house was littered with paperwork. The birds outside chirped their morning song as he stretched his arms over his head, the blanket on him rolling down to his lap.

...Or at least that's how he usually remembered waking up. Opening his bright blue eyes, the green ceiling of the Hokage Office burning into his eyes as he tried sitting up. Tried being the key word.

Besides the indescrible pain he felt shot up his back, he felt an arm around his midsection drag him back to lay him down, a slight murmur of "troublesome" escaping the other's mouth.

"S-Shikamaru?" The other jerked up at the mention of his name in a familiar maleish voice.

"Naruto?" The Nara looked down at himself as he sat up, naked and red bites littered across his body. Naruto was in a similar situation as the other. He tried sitting up again only to wince as he felt his entire backside ring in pain.

It hit them all at once, the memories of last night and what they had done. The hours they spent in each other's arms, Shikamaru thrusting into Naruto who only cried the Nara's name brought hard blushes to both their faces.

"W-What have I done?" The blond looked at the shadow-nin as he tugged at his black hair in shock. He felt an ache in his chest but ignored it as he stood up, albeit a bit painfully. He groaned as he felt something run down legs. He could only shiver as he felt it inside him.

"S-Shikamaru!?"

"Don't. Say. A. Damn. Word." The blond nodded as the other let out a strained sigh, throwing his head back with closed eyes.

"We will never speak of this. We can't speak of this, understand?"

"Yes! I-I finally have a family! I don't want...I didn't want to ruin that. So...whatever happened, never happened." Nodding at each other, they quickly got dressed, thanking whatever god up there existed that no one had walked in, and covered up. Naruto slightly sneered as he tried to cover up the very visible hickeys on his neck and chest. He limped to his desk, squirming as he still felt the white liquid running down his legs. He definitely couldn't risk going home and having Hinata use her Byakugan. She was such a kind person and, knowing this, if she saw him limping she would try to find out why. He had to wait until she was out of the house or asleep, which meant having to work with the remnants of the other between his thighs. Maybe he could go to the bathroom and clean up somehow. No, he won't risk that either.

Shikamaru had gone to sit in his desk, glancing at the blond who still had a raging blush on his face scribbling something. He could remember every detail, every touch, every movement, from last night. Why couldn't he have drank enough to forget! Shaking his head from any thoughts concerning Naruto, he looked down at the paper work and picked up his pen.

But both couldn't concentrate.

No matter how many times they've done this before, they couldn't think straight. They kept glancing at each other as the time came and went. Even when teams came in to receive their missions they couldn't help but stare at each other, wondering how they would react to each little thing. Just act normal. Just act normal. Act NORMAL.

"M-Mata ne, Shikamaru."

"Y-Yeah, ja mata ne, Naruto." The blond blushed profusely, smacking his hands onto his face as he turned away before opting to quickly hop through the window, running on the rooftops of Konoha's many houses. Thankfully, Boruto had mentioned that Hinata, Himawari and he were going to spend the night at Hiashi and Hanabi's home due to the two wanting to spend time with the three. He would have the house to himself to thoroughly clean himself from...everything the other shinobi left behind.