~~~

From the Hartsville Times, June 6, 2016.

"Yesterday, on June 5, 2016, three girls, Amina Holloway, aged 11, and Celeste and Kylie Jacobs, both age 13, were reported missing, having last been seen at almost the same time around 3 p.m. that day. Roughly two hours later, another girl, Beatrice Hunter, 15 next month, was reported belatedly by her father to have also disappeared around that time as well. After twenty-four hours, with still no report, all four were indeed confirmed as missing. Currently, Hartsville police officials are conducting a vehement search for the four girls; so far, little is known about the connection between their disappearances except for the fact that all four were last seen in the west side of town. Furthermore, the most likely explanation, explained Steven Filiberto, head sheriff of the Hartsville Police Department, is a kidnapping. Identification of possible suspects is currently underway.

According to one bus driver who prefers to remain anonymous, the youngest victim, Amina, was last seen being followed by two men getting of the bus on the west side of town, on Crescent Street. This is the only lead that is known so far on possible suspects. One, aged 37, who also prefers to remain anonymous, came clean earlier this morning, admitting to have followed her off of the bus, though having never touched her or any of the other missing girls (however, according to the county police, he will still face charges for stalking and harassment). The other, reported by the bus driver to be aged 18-19, is nowhere to be found and yet unidentified. Also, a search is currently being conducted in the western forests, which the sisters Kylie and Celeste were last seen approaching.

Upon inquiry, evidence does not wholly support the possibility of a runaway on the part of any of the girls, except for Beatrice. Although her father, yet unnamed in this article, claims to have provided her a very loving home environment, the police are investigating the condition of their neglected small home on the west side of town, as well as the credibility of the father, who was reported to have been inebriated during his police call. Child services are also looking into the case, but charges will not be pressed if the father agrees to attend counseling in the future and comply with the search for the missing girls.

'Our priority is getting these girls back safe, wherever they may be,' concludes Filiberto. "Our team is doing its very best to follow any and all possible leads on the remaining suspects, and anything else that may be brought to our attention, so that we can locate them and bring them home."

The community is also prepared to come together in the purpose of recovering the girls, and sending utmost condolences to their families, 'wherever they may be.'"