four

'' Hell is in the human heart. ''

- Ai Enma

***

Cyborgs carried inside them souls of the humans that they used to be.

I lost my sould a long time ago and sometimes I wondered how I would be if I would still have it.

Would I understand the world better?

Would I understand myself better?

The cool breeze was blowing through my long white hair and my eyes were closed. The eyepatch that I always wore was hanging on my neck and I was completely lost in thoughts about my existence. A door suddenly opened, I turned my head and looked at the individual that was standing on the doorway. Another wave of wind made the curtains raise up in the air, while I stayed on the window sill, completely immobile and emotionless. His eyes held a certain sadness and my voice was soft and quiet.

'' Sensei, what colour am I? ''

'' I believe the real question is what are you doing here, '' the teacher muttered and loudly yawned before walking in to his office. He put his briefcase on the chair that was next to his desk and threw himself on the sofa. He breathed in and tiredly rubbed his eyes. It was the early morning, he just arrived to school and it was clear that he had a rough night behind him. '' Wasn't the door locked? How did you even get in? Don't tell me... It was Saeri, wasn't it! I knew it, she totally has a secret copy of the key to my office! ''

I would not be surprised if Saeri had a secret copy of the key to the teacher's house.

'' You forgot to close the window before you went home yesterday, '' I calmly replied and he cringed at the sound of my words. He was trying to figure out how I managed to even reach the window, since it was in the second floor of the building and I continued staring at him with a serious expression on my face. '' Sensei, do I even have a colour? ''

The teacher was about to snap something in response, but he changed his mind after looking at me. His eyes slightly narrowed and he pursed his lips in thought. I lowered my head, looked at my hands and tried to think too. That morning I heard some girls talking about their favourite colours, but when I made an attempt to come up with mine, my head stayed blank. '' White. You are the white colour of clouds, chalk and snow. ''

White.

I didn't want to be white

To me, white was the color of emptiness.

I still didn't take my eyes off my hands when I asked: '' Do you have problems sleeping, sensei? ''

'' That is not any of your business really, but if you must know... Just a little bit. I did think about something when I was laying on my bed last night and I couldn't sleep though, '' the teacher replied and snapped with his fingers when he remembered something that he wanted to show me.