five

"I'm crazy?? What's crazy is this world that refuses to let me be with you!"

- Yuno Gasai

***

Access to the emotions file denied.

Doctor said feeling emotions was an easy way to get lost.

Lost in sorrow after somebody died, lost in anger when you suffered an injustice, lost in your obsession when you strived to be the best...

There were so many different ways to go down the wrong path. Being lost because of emotions made it impossible to follow orders without a second thought or question. That was why doctor decided that it would be better if I would get to know emotions instead of actually feeling them. I was trying to comprehend them from faces and reactions that humans had to different things that happened to them, but it was difficult.

Rain was down falling from the sky and my eyes were closed. Clouds of fog were floating around the buildings and waves were rising up from the sea. Busan seemed a lot more quiet and peaceful than when the sun was shining on the sky. The whole city was grey, but I liked the calmness that the rain brought. I was laying under it on the soft grass of a familiar backyard until an annoyed voice made me snap out of my thoughts: '' What are you doing here? Have you thought about ringing the doorbell like a normal person instead of hopping the fence like an animal? Did you at least check to make sure that no one was watching you while you were doing that? Let me guess... You didn't, because I just got a call from one of my neighbours who nearly got a heart-attack when they saw a supposed dead body laying in my backyard. ''

My eyes fluttered open and I looked directly at the teacher Byun Baekhyun. He was squatted down and leaning over my head. His face was upside down that way and his expression was as serious as ever. '' Am I not getting more and more like a normal person every day? ''

'' No, I am the one that it's getting used to your untraditional antics. '' He let out a frustrated sigh and rested his chin against his hands. '' How long have you been laying under the rain already? You don't get sick, do you? ''

I continued staring at him with a blank expression on my face. '' I am not sure. Should I keep laying here for another few hours and wait to find out? ''

'' How about no? Get up before one of my neighbours actually decides to call the police, '' he ordered and gestured with his chin for me to follow him. He straightened himself and started walking back to his house. '' I can't have them gossiping about you. What are you even doing here? Is there any particular reason why you're visiting your teacher in the middle of the night? Not to mention - during the weekend? Shouldn't you be... I don't know, turned off from Friday to Monday or something like that? ''