"So you're telling me that Jace guy isn't your boyfriend?"

Now, I should probably reply by saying 'No, he's not. We're just very close friends.'

But I don't.

I burst into laughter. And not just giggly, soft girly laughter, but fullblown, clutching-my-stomach laughter.

"What, what's so funny?" he asks, confusion apparent on his face.

Once I contain myself, I stand up straight again, and calmly state "No. He's not my boyfriend. We're just really, really close friends. But just friends- thats it."

A flash of- relief?- crosses over his features. I frown.

"Why does it matter to you, anyways?" 

"It doesn't- although, I've never known a guy and girl, that aren't dating, who hang up the phone by saying 'I Love You."

"Like I said, we're close," I snort, leaning against the wall. "It's not like you'd understand. You don't know what we've been through."

His brow furrows, and he frowns.

"I would if you would tell me," he says quietly, taking another step towards me so that we are only about two feet apart.

I don't respond, not in words.

I do, however, lock my eyes with his. I never noticed before how his eyes aren't quite blue, or green, but a mix of both. The color of the ocean.

For a moment, all is still. It's so quiet I can hear his breathing. I can hear my heartbeat, pounding so hard it could burst out of my chest. I wonder if he can hear it, too?

Then, almost in slow motion, he clears the distance between us in one step. Before I can register what's happening, his lips crash into mine. 

The kiss is passionate, and I kiss him back, hungry for more.

One of his arms goes around my waist, pulling me closer to him, while, with his free hand, he pins my arms to the wall by my wrists.

Eventually, though, we break apart, fighting for air.

He drops my arms, and lets go of my waist, stepping a foot away from me.

"That was-" I stop, afraid to finish the sentence.

His eyes meet mine, but I look away quickly.

"That can't happen again," I sigh, still catching my breath.

"You're right," he agrees, frowning.

"It's not a good idea for either of us," I say.

"And my mom would kill us both if she found out," he answers. "It's just a bad idea."

I nod, unable to look up at him.

"Should we just-" I start.

"-forget it happened?" he cuts me off, finshing my sentence.

"It would be best," I conclude, looking up to meet his gaze, "if we do."

He nods.

"I should go," I say quietly.

"Okay."

I leave his room, closing the door behind me. But I don't leave the area right away.

I lean against the door, and sigh.

Because, lets face it.

That kiss- it was phenomenal.

It was explosive.