The Nightmare Called Life

~Louis' POV~

I took a deep breath to steady my breathing and slowly started to describe the horrible dream I had.

*Flashback*

I was mindlessly walking down a street that I wouldn't normally take to get home. I honestly had no idea where I was coming from or how I was going to get home from here without my car. All of a sudden a little boy with a devilish smile started to pull on my clothes, tugging me so hard I fell. I fought to get free of grasp thrashing as he dragged me to the mouth of an alley. A group of men appeared from an alleyway all wearing evil smirks, I tried to back away from them but bumped into the little boys legs.

I wildly swung my fists hitting my attackers as they advanced upon me. I scrambled to my feet running as fast as I could only to be tripped by the little boy. The men were gaining on me with every second that passed and I felt like the wind had been knocked out of my lungs. I sat there gasping for air and silently pleading that someone would walk past and help me. No one ever did.

By now, the men were undressing me and had me pressed hard against a brick wall in handcuffs. I was crying out for help but no sound left my lips, I stood there weakly as the men cruelly had their way with me. The only thing I could feel was pain as they hit me and touched me over and over again.

When they finished, they turned me around and pushed me to my knees. One of them used my mouth to pleasure himself before finishing and kicking me in the stomach. I looked up with watery eyes to see Eleanor laughing as she watched me suffer. The tears spilled over my waterline for the fourth time that day. I just laid there as they all laughed at me and walked away.

*Flashback Over*

A metallic taste soon filled my mouth, and I realized that I had been biting my bottom lip a little too hard. Harry just sat there awkwardly looking at me as though he was asking for permission to touch me. He looked as if he was internally arguing with himself before he suddenly flung his arms around my midsection. Leaving me a bit stunned, but I soon melted in his embrace. Feeling a bit clingy, I slowly let go of him and looked up into his eyes. He was looking at me with a worried look, but all I could think about was how beautiful his eyes were. Wait, beautiful? Lou, you need to get it together. One bad breakup and a stupid nightmare has you getting all lovey-dovey about someone's eyes. Oh. My. Gosh. I'm having a conversation..with myself..in my head, I think I might be going insane. What did Eleanor do to me? Oh right, she cheated on me with that jerk Ryan and broke my heart.

I must have started crying again because Harry was holding me close again. As I sobbed quietly, he pet my hair and rocked me in his arms. I was still clutching his shirt in my fists as he began to sing.

I found God
On the corner of First and Amistad
Where the west
Was all but won
All alone
Smoking his last cigarette
I said, "Where you been?"
He said, "Ask anything".

I slowly began to calm down at the sound of his voice. It was just so beautiful and soothing.

Where were you
When everything was falling apart?
All my days
Were spent by the telephone
That never rang
And all I needed was a call
That never came
To the corner of First and Amistad

I was just so caught up in his voice that when the song was over and he had stopped singing I felt lost. I felt like a small child in their mother's arms, as odd as that may sound. He made me feel different and when I listened to him sing I could almost feel the emotion in his voice and the meaning behind the words.