The 'Truth'

(A/N The first chapter 'The Beginning' has never fully convinced me so I decided to change it. I kept some of the previous information but I added new one. You should check it out since it's changed quite a lot.)

(Rin's POV)

"Why did you save me? The villains didn't want me, they were looking for Kacchan. The priority was to take him safe to camp!" I yell frustrated at the situation as I try to hold my tears.

"The villains also wanted you, that's why they caught you inside that magical sphere." He argues back as I shake my head disapprovingly.

"I was only captured because I realized both Tokoyami and Kacchan were missing. They probably didn't want me to inform you so they took me. It was just so I couldn't say anything."

"You don't understand it, they wanted you for your quirk. That villain, Entertainer, he said it himself. He said you would be useful. If you had gone with them, right now you would be experimented on!" he begins to heat up, raising his voice more and more.

"Why do you even care so much about that? And what if I was experimented on? Our goal was to bring Kacchan back and we've failed. Can't you see that? Who knows what they will do to him?"

"Are you really asking me why I care so much about that?" he questions in between gritted teeth. He shakily clenches his fists as he makes direct eye contact. "The first few weeks we met, you asked me why I wanted to know if you were Voltage and Whirlwind's daughter, you remember right? Here's the answer; my father, Endeavour, the admired number 2 hero, has been obsessed with your family's quirk ever since your dad came into the industry." He raises his voice and laughs humorlessly as if insanity was taking over him. "You don't understand the joy he felt when he discovered you were his daughter. How happy he was when he saw you in the same class as I was. How excited he felt when you accepted his offer at the hero agency." His eyes now resemble those of a maniac as he talks about Endeavour's ambitions. "Entertainer talked about your quirk the same way my father talks about it. After being forced to grow up with him, I believe it's quite obvious why I am against anyone whose only purpose is to take advantage of someone's quirk." His eyes slowly lose the craziness that they previously held. "When I saw you in that sphere, my body moved on its own. I didn't think about the mission, not even for a moment did it cross my mind. My only thought was to save you, it was my first priority. You were the first person that tried to befriend me, you know? I felt it was my duty to bring you back home."

I remain silent as I stare at his heterochromian eyes that hold so many emotions; pain, sadness, betrayal...

"Why didn't you tell me Endeavour's true intentions?" I respond in an inaudible whisper as my eyes flood with tears. He easily ignores my question and keeps quiet. My eyebrows down together and I narrow my lips. Why does he always do that? I take a few steps forwards until I'm a few inches away from him; I halt for a few seconds and continue my pace, ignoring his complete existence.

"I tried to push away that thought everytime I saw you. Because of the many times I did that, even I forgot about it... That was, until you were called to my father's office. I regretted not telling you at the moment. I didn't say anything afterwards because I didn't see it as something important you would want to know. At least that's what I made myself believe..." he whispers in a soft voice turning around to face me. "I then tried to tell you at the training camp, but you seemed to be always busy. That time I asked you the reason why you didn't use your lightning speed at the Beast's Forest, I was dying to say something about it, to get it out of my chest... but something held me back. I guess the real reason why I didn't tell you in the first place was because I only wanted a friend." He murmurs turning around and leaving.

(Kaminari's POV)

"Rin, why were you so harsh on Todoroki? I understand how unhappy you must be feeling, but you shouldn't blame him. At the end of the day, he did save you from those villains. He did the best he could've done you should apo-"