Training camp Pt.1

(Rin's POV)

5:20 pm

We finally reach the lodge where Mandalay and Pixie-Bob are already waiting for us. It is way past lunch time and my stomach is grumbling, begging for food. Denki's arm is around my shoulders as I try to carry him. He surpassed his wattage limit and he's continuously murmuring 'weee'. We finally come to a stop and I get rid of his arm as fast as possible. I was already having difficulty walking and with his added weight I had to make an even bigger effort just to stand up and not fall on the ground.

"We actually thought it would take you longer... and you dealt with my earth beast pretty easily... Especially you four!" Pixie-Bob points at Shoto, Kacchan, Izuku and Iida. Hey, what about me? I saved their butts more than once..."Gonna have fun three years from now! I'm marking them as mine!" She fangirls as she tries her best to hug them. I furrow my brow and bitterly grit my teeth. Don't tell me the reason why she ignored me is because she's looking for a male suitor.

"Kota, come over and say hello," Mandalay instructs the small boy who we later discover is his 6-year-old nephew. Izuku tries to be nice and bends down to shake his hand but that kid, Kota, seems to have other intentions. He kicks Izuku in a place where no man should be hit, and goes away. We're all silent for a few seconds not believing what we just saw...

"Drop your things off in your room and come to dinner..." Sensei orders unfazed by the previous events. What the hell Aizawa? One of your students has been hit in the scrotum - as Iida likes to call it - and you don't say or do anything about it?

~

Dinner was over and we were allowed to relax in the hot springs.

"We're here to overcome those walls, Plus Ultra!" someone yells from the other side. We all sigh simultaneously, already knowing who that voice belongs to. Jirou will have to take care of that considering I can't use my quirk unless they want to get electrocuted. Before anyone of us can do anything, Kota is up there and he's the one to deal with Mineta. We all thank him but when he turns around and sees us, he stumbles and falls. Poor kid...

THE NEXT DAY

"Today, the real training camp begins," sensei announces in his usual monotone voice. I yawn, I'm so tired. Why do they have to wake us up this early in the morning? I haven't even have time to brush my hair. "You will all emerge strong enough to acquire your provisional licenses."

He hands Kacchan the same baseball ball we used at the beginning of the year and commands him to throw it again to see how much he has grown since then. Kacchan's ball only reaches 709m, not that far away from his first throw.

"Only your technique and your minds have matured, however, as you all saw, your quirks haven't kept up with the pace. Starting today, you will improve on your quirks."

As I'm about to head over with Denki to the place where we will be improving our electricity, Aizawa- sensei stops me from doing so and tells me that today I should focus on improving my lightning speed. I end up reluctantly agreeing. My exercise constited in running at my top speed for as long as I could. I didn't vibrate my molecules even though sometimes I was really close to bump into a tree. That's when I begin to realize my dad was right. My reflexes aren't as good as his and I exhaust myself pretty easily. When I run at my lightning speed I see everything in slow motion but there's a problem with that. If you want to take advantage of it, you have to know how to use it properly because it requires concentration and skill.

Training finally ended and we hungrily walked over to the dining area. Instead of seeing the food already done, ready to be eaten, the table was full of the ingredients.