Sport Festival Pt.2

(Rin's POV)

I blink several times not believing what just happened. I turn around and everyone's eyes are set on me, their mouths wide agape. Silence fills the atmosphere and I awkwardly smile at the crowd.

"Unbelievable! Did you all see that?! That, my friends, is Whirlwind's power!" Present Mic yells breaking the silence "Could Yoshikawa Rin, from class 1-A, be the secret daughter everyone's been talking about?"

Still dazed and shocked at what I just did, I continue the race, not wanting to waste any more time. I use my superspeed and arrive swiftly at the next obstacle. Todoroki is using his ice to slide through the rope and Kacchan is using his explosions to fly across. What shall I do? My quirk isn't of any use for this... or is it? I gulp and look eerily at the rope, not sure if it is a good idea. What if I fall? Without overthinking it I use my lightning speed to run across the rope. As I'm barely touching it, I don't really think too much about equilibrium. Oh, was I wrong... When I'm just about to reach the other end, my foot lands a centimeter to the right and slip. I let out a strangled cry and with a rapid movement, reach out to grab the rope. Because of my stupidity, I'm currently dangling at the edge of the abyss with just my left hand grabbing onto the rope, great... I try my best not to think on the fall that will inevitably happen if I let go, but this just makes it worse. I gulp and take deep breaths trying to calm myself.

"Yoshikawa has slipped and is about to fall to the abyss!" Present Mic informs to the crowd pointing out the obvious. "She's grabbing onto the rope as if her life depended on it, oh wait, it does!"

"Thanks Captain Obvious..." I grumble rolling my eyes.

Could he just shut up? I reach for the rope with my other hand and gather up enough strength to pull myself upwards. I finally make it to the other side, I'm panting heavily trying to catch my breath. The others are close behind trying their best not to fall as I just pathetically did. To make matters worse, I begin to feel the side effects of quantum tunneling. I curse angrily under my breath and continue the race but my muscles are becoming tired and my feet are beginning to feel as heavy as lead. I try to ignore the pain and head to the next obstacle.

When I arrive, Kacchan and Todoroki are already halfway through, pushing each other trying to make the other fall onto the... mines? I huff and begin the obstacle, trying my best to avoid the mines. As I'm advancing very slowly, the others are not far away. I'm about to use my lightning speed but I remember I have to save energy for the next task. I groan in frustration and continue with what I was doing. I'm really getting sick of this obstacle race... Kacchan and Todoroki are about to reach the finish line and the others are on my tail. Suddenly, I hear an enormous explosion coming from behind. Someone who's mounted on a piece of metal, flies over me and reaches Todoroki and Kacchan in an instant. Is that... Izuku? At first, I'm surprised to see him but then I remember how intelligent he is and I can't help but feel proud for him. Without using his quirk he has managed to come this far. As he's about to land, he hits the ground with the metal and makes the mines explode. Both Kacchan and Todoroki are forced to stop and Izuko takes this to his advantage. He is now in first place, Todoroki in second and Kacchan in third. If I want to save up energy, I don't have any option but to run at my normal pace. I nearly end up being third but Kacchan surpassed me in the last minute, dang it! Fourth isn't that bad, is it?

As I wait for the others to reach the finish line I approach Izuku and congratulate him for ending up first. I glance at Kacchan and he's cursing under his breath mad that he ended up third. Not wanting to bother him I head towards Todoroki to congratulate him.

"Hey Todoroki, you did some awesome job!"

"I nearly crushed you..." he mumbles looking at his right hand.