The Captin Of The Football Team Chapter 18

“How was it?” Janet asked as I walked into the kitchen the next morning.

“Based on her outfit it went well,” Liam said as he took a bite of bacon. I was showing off my feminine side today.

I smiled as I walked over to them. “Is it too much?” I asked.

“I like it,” Liam said smiling.

“What don’t you like?” Joel said. “How did it go?”

“Amazing!” I said sighing as I sat down next to Joel.

“Did he kiss you?” Janet asked smiling at me.

“Maybe…” I said stealing Liam’s bacon.

“Hey!” he said.

“Did he walk you home?” Joel asked.

“Of course, Travis is a gentleman,” I said before taking a bite of bacon.

“Well…did he ask you out? Are you guys dating? Did you make another date? I need details!” Janet said as I made my plate.

“No, he didn’t ask me out, so, no we are not dating and yes, we’re seeing the Dark Knight Rises next Friday.” I said as Liam stole a piece of my bacon.

“Hey!”

“You stole mine!”

“Do you want to wrestle for it?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“Insert sexual innuendo here,” Liam said before Joel smacked him on the head.

“Ow!” Liam said before facing me. “How about this…I eat this bacon and you let it happen.”

“Or you give me my bacon back and you get your own.”

“But there’s none left.”

“Sounds like a personal problem.”

“How about we share?”

“I get the bigger half.”

“Deal.”

Liam ripped the bacon in half and gave me the bigger piece. “Thanks,” I said smiling.

“Aw, look honey! Our kids are sharing…”Janet said taking Joel’s empty plate. Joel laughed as he got up.

I rolled my eyes and continued to eat my food.

Joel followed Janet out so it was just me and Liam. We finished eating in silence until his phone buzzed. I looked at the screen and smiled.

“Is that her?” I asked.

“Yeah…” he said replying to her.

“Tell me about her!” I said moving my plate to the sink.

“She’s my high school sweetheart, but we always seemed to like each other at the wrong time. Like she would be dating someone when I liked her and vice versa. But over the summer we weren’t dating anyone and… here we are.”

“Staying up till five in the morning texting one another”.

“Pretty much…” he said as she texted him back.

“Well, I’ll leave you two alone,” I said jokingly.

I headed back into my room. Janet was finishing up her make up when I walked in.

“What’s up?” I asked sitting next to her.

“Nothing. Do you have practice today or what?”