The Captin Of The Football Team Chapter 21

The next couple of days went by in a blur.

We had a game tomorrow and all I could think about was Jake. Was Travis right? Did Jake and I have chemistry?

I didn’t know what to do. To add on to the stress, I was a little behind on school work and coach was pissed at me for not pulling myself together. I went for a long jog after practice to try and clear my head. Before I knew it, I was at Jake’s door.

I knocked on it and paced back and forth before someone answered.

“Hey Toni,” Jon said smiling.

“Is Jake here?” I asked as he quickly buttoned up his shirt.

“Yeah, but he’s a little busy right now, hence my leaving.”

“Oh…um…”

“Should I tell him you stopped by?”

“No…it’s fine…I got my answer…”

“Who’s at the door?” Jake asked as he walked over.

“No one,” Jon said.

I smiled and walked away.

“Wait!” Jake called.

I stopped and faced him. He was shirtless and holding a can of whipped cream. I walked over to him as he shook it.

“You wanted to talk to me?” he asked spraying some whipped cream in his mouth.

“Yeah, but I think I know the answer…”

“To what question?”

“It doesn’t matter.”

“It does if you came all this way to see me,” he said walking over to me.

“Do you like me?” I asked closing the gap between us. “Give me a straight answer.”

Jake clenched and unclenched his jaw for a while before looking me in the eyes. He placed his hand on my cheek before pulling me into a kiss.

Slow and gentle.

He pulled away and looked at me. “Yes…”

“Then why are you about to sleep with some random chick?”

“Because, it’s great exercise,” Jake said smiling.

I rolled my eyes. “This was a mistake…you and I could never be together…”

“Why is that?”

“Because you’re not a one woman kind of guy. You’ll get bored of me and move on. I refuse to go through that again.”

“Again?” he asked.

“It doesn’t matter…”

“But it does. I can be a woman guy.”

“Prove it,” I said walking away.

*******

I found myself at another victory party at Jake’s dorm. I was hanging out in the kitchen, hating myself for agreeing to tag along with Janet and Joel.

“Why so down?” Liam asked grabbed a beer.

“How do you not cheat on Lisa?” I asked.

“We aren’t dating, but in case we do, I won’t want to blow it. Also, I’m not into sleeping around.”

I nodded my head.

“Is this about Jake?” he asked.

“Maybe…”

“How about a dance?” he asked extending his hand to me.

I smiled and took it. I followed Liam into the crowd of people. He put his hand on my waist and danced to Single Ladies.

When the song was over Liam and I were in a fit of laughter, after his attempt to try to dance like Beyoncé.

“Mind if I cut it?” Jake asked.

Liam looked at me. I shrugged and Liam pulled me into a hug.

“I’ll be in the kitchen if you need me.”

“Thanks,” I said pulling away.

Liam gave Jake a look before walking away.

Jake smiled at me. “Want to dance?”

I haven’t forgot about you guys. I’ve had writers block and I’ve been hella busy. But I’m getting back into the groove. 

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20626757,00.html

"Erin DiMeglio Is a High School Senior – and Quarterback"