Male Reader x Mina - It Was You All Along

Start from the beginning

"I think it's working." She said.

"Really...already." She nodded. Just then the same group came in and one of them went down your lane.

"Hey Mina." Kai came along as he waved his hand towards Mina.

"Hey Kai." She said waving back...and with that he left towards the back seats.

'So that's Kai. Hello to you as well jerk.' You thought.

"So that's him." You asked as she nodded.

"Yup, isn't he cute?"

"Well as a guy, I won't answer that."

She then giggled at your joke. 

Kai was looking at you two again. 

After talking and students coming in, the teacher came in and the class began to start.

==================

Timeskip

It now has been a month. 

You both were still 'fake' dating. 

She still hadn't got much from Kai so she asked you to continue with the plan. You agreed and you both kept going. You two were holding hands, hugging, joking around, teasing, even a kiss on a cheek from Mina one time.

You even made and brought her favorite food and drinks during lunch sometimes. She was surprised the first time, ut got used to it.

Students around you legit thought that you two were a couple.

One day though, some friends of Kai told Mina that Kai wanted to speak with her. She was happy, the plan was working great.

Sadly it was working great...too great...

In fact, the past month, you actually wished that this fake relationship, was a real one. Before you only saw her a best friend, but now hanging with her almost every day.

Something changed.

You didn't know if its her smile or laugh when you make a joke. Her cute surprised reaction when you surprise her with hugs from behind. Or even holding hands with her which just felt...right.

Even just looking at her eyes just makes you like her more.

Of course, you didn't tell her that you liked her, she was doing all this for Kai. So you backed off, no matter how much it pains you.

===================

Right now you were at your desk doing homework when you received a notification on your phone. It was Mina.

---------------

OMG...you'll never guess what happened!

You're probably right, so just tell me.

Kai just asked me out.

---------------

Your smile dropped from reading that.

---------------

Really?

Yeah, he texted me just now. He told me if we were something and I told him that you were just a close friend of mine. He then asked me out and I said yes. We're going to dinner tonight!

---------------

'Close friend' is all you took from that sentence.

---------------