31. Disaster

Disaster

Waking up at two in the afternoon is harder than I expected

Waking up at two in the afternoon is harder than I expected. Yo’s flight is scheduled to land at three and I need to be there by three thirty as we planned earlier. I wiped my eyes and shook my head to get rid of the disorientation.

After a quick shower I switched on the phone and started dressing. Some people really can’t understand the concept of a day off. Why am I getting so many messages? I can’t deal with those right now. I need to be out of the house in ten minutes to be at the airport in time.

I drove my Audi bit faster than normal to reach my destination. After parking the car back at the airport parking, I opened my phone to send him a message.

What the fuck? My phone is flooded with messages. I read a few quickly. 

Forth - Pha, where are you?

Beam – Where the fuck are you? Are you dead? Switch on the phone asshole.

Kit – Pha, You need to check the social media, like right now.

Bright – Dude, answer the phone.

I panicked. What’s wrong? World was fine when I went to bed this morning. Did the aliens invade the planet? I was about to call Beam but there was an incoming call from an unknown number.

I swiped my thumb over it.

“Hello?”

“Is this Dr. Phana?” A deep male voice came from the other end.

“Yes.”

“I’m Mew. Yo’s friend?” I stilled. Why is he calling me? Yo said that Mew is lending us the condo for the weekend. Maybe something wrong with it?

‘Oh yeah, hello Mew.” I said pleasantly.

“There’s a small problem. Where did you park the car? Can you-” I felt my stomach dropped to the ground.

“Is Yo okay?” I cut him off wrapping my fingers tightly around the phone.

“Yes, he’s here with us and perfectly fine. He just can’t use his phone right now. I’ll give him the phone in a minute.” Mew explained calmly. Looks like Mew is a level headed person.

“I’m at the car park.” I said gathering myself.

“Can you come to the exit near terminal 3? Do you know where it is?”

“Yes, I think I know. Be there in a minute. Can I talk to Yo?”

“Here he is.” I heard him call for Yo. What’s wrong? Someone found out about Yo’s knee and they spread it on social media. Is that why my friends have been flooding my phone with messages?

“P’Pha” Yo’s voice came small and tired through the phone.

“Hey baby, are you alright?” I asked worriedly. What hell happened to my baby?