038 | starcrossed

J

the group breaks apart sometime deep into the night, when the sky is a deep midnight blue and the stars are shimmering like a spray of sparkles across the sky. the ocean similarly reflects the beauty of nighttime, as jisung can see little lights across the horizon of the life buoys out at sea.

what is even keeping me afloat?

he wonders as he and minho sit, hand in hand on the cold, wet sand. the sea laps at the shore just out of reach, and he watches it lull back and forth hypnotically. is minho his lifeline?  keeping him grounded and sane? or is it too much pressure to put that on his shoulders?

"what are we?" minho asks quietly, very obviously avoiding jisung's eyes as he looks away immediately, not even waiting for a response. 

"i don't know." jisung answers honestly, gently caressing the back of minho's hand with his thumb. the sea creeps closer as jisung watches the waves carry away beautiful shells and stones.

"what do you want to be?" he asks, and minho tilts his head to the side in mild confusion. 

"what does that even mean?" he asks, leaning down to rest his chin on his knees endearingly, and jisung finds himself smiling ever so slightly. he just hums in response, letting a comfortable silence fill the gap in their conversation.

"can i kiss you?" minho breathes out after a while, meekly looking at jisung and pulling their hands apart. jisung immediately nods and turns to face minho, legs crisscrossed awkwardly between them, but it's not like either of them care. 

"please." he replies quietly.

their lips slot together like they were molded to fit each other.