015 | accountability

M

"i was at your bedside everyday your father wasn't. he was only there to make sure i wasn't." minho says, uncrossing his ankles and spitefully balling up his fists. jisung just watches him with anxious eyes, a trembling bottom lip and a torn expression.

"i was there the day you woke up. and he just..." minho pauses to catch his breath. "he just threw me out. and verbally abused me again. and i never saw you again." he says miserably, and he finally feels the anger beginning to fade, with regret and sorrow filling up its place in his heart. 

"i didn't remember much." jisung says lowly, and minho crosses his arms, observing him with a frown. 

"so what? you could have come to find me." he retorts. jisung's mouth falls open.

"are you blaming me?" he asks, disbelief laced in his voice, and minho groans. he feels so guilty for unloading everything on jisung, but it has been eating away at his own memories and feelings. 

is it too selfish to pass that on to someone else?

"i haven't been the same since!" he says indignantly, blood boiling as jisung has the audacity to look offended. his fists ball up and he stands up defensively. 

"he fucking hit me too, minho! it's not just you who's a victim here!" jisung cries, looking away from him and laughing. 

"you don't get to blame me for this! god this was such a mistake!" he says as he collects his things, slinging his guitar case over his back. minho reaches out to grab his arm and stop him from leaving, but he is shrugged off. 

"oh fuck off, don't try and apologise now that the damage is done. you meant every word you said." jisung hisses, and minho retracts his hand as if he's been burned with a flame, shocked. 

"don't act like you care if you're just going to blame me."