012 | crying

J

jisung watches minho's strange behaviour with curiosity. this boy he has spent so long trying to remember is right in front of him, and he is neither of the things his parents have led him to believe. 

"what do you mean you don't know who you are anymore?" minho questions, annoyance and pain evident in his tone, and jisung winces at the familiarity. he pulls out his sketchbook from his bag and drops it on the table. he flips through numerous pages of lifelike studies from his memories, of scenes from school to scenes in childhood that feature a blacked out face where minho seems to fit.

"i haven't been able to recall you." jisung says, voice wobbly as he also begins to tear up. minho sucks in a breath as he looks through the sketches, tracing over the ink spills and tear stains on the paper. 

"elaborate." he replies quietly as a tear runs down his cheek. jisung feels a pang in his heart and fights the urge to snatch the sketchbook back and leave. he needs to do this. 

"whenever i think of memories like that, the ones i've drawn..." he starts, choking on his words. "i couldn't remember who you were. and it felt like part of me was missing." he whispers, voice breaking as a few tears spill out of his eyes.

"i feel like i'm going crazy, minho." he admits, having to bury his face in his hands and wipe away the tears of despair and confusion. they sit in silence, both equally as hurt as the other, until minho breaks it.

"what did he tell you."