Bumps and Bruises

I got home that night at the same time I usually do. I had spent the entire day at the coffee shop with Frank. We had a really nice lunch. It was uber simple and really tasty. Most of the time Frank’s face was red and he could barely look me in the eye, but we had a few laughs.

I immediately took a shower when I got back to my apartment. The water was cold. Cold as in freezing. It was then that I remembered that I had forgotten to pay the water bill, so I only had ice cold water.

While I was in the shower I noticed something on my knee. A bruise. I don’t remember getting it. Where’d that come from? I didn’t bump into anything, did I? At least I don’t think I did.

As I rinsed the soap off my body I watched the small bruise. I watched the water carry the soap suds off the dark shades blotch on my skin. I touched the small spot, just to see if it hurt. It did. Just a little bit. I still had no idea where it had come from, though.

That night I layed in bed wondering where the bruise had come from. I thought over everything I had done in the past week. Nope, I hadn’t done anything that would have bruised my knee. I drifted off to sleep after countless hours laying awake in my bed racking my brain trying to figure out how I had gotten one, small bruise.

[A/N:

Sorry this is chapter is so short I just felt like I needed to get the information in there quick and easy

-Dani]