Chapter 4

With Thalia gone, Annabeth had no one to talk to about Percy.  You would think that after those moments in the city, Annabeth would feel more hopeful.  Haha you thought, Annabeth was actually feeling very panicked.  I mean, she always knew how to act around Percy as a friend, but  what about a boyfriend? Would she do it correctly?

**********

In the arena, she ran into a new camper from the Iris cabin named Camille, and they surprisingly clicked immediately.  Camille was one of the new campers that was claimed my a minor god after Percy made the gods promise to claim their chapter.  Camille was 15 years old and she had long, chocolate brown hair, purple-blueish eyes (A/N: Kinda like Elizabeth Taylor's), and pale skin.  She was really pretty. Maybe I can eventually talk to her about Percy.  Camille and Annabeth decided to practice in the arena everyday because they both kinda had no one to talk to. 

Annabeth was on her way back to her cabin to change for dinner when she heard Percy call her over. "What do you want Seaweed Brain?" she said with an edge in her voice.  

"Jeez, Wise Girl. I was just wondering who you were talking to over at the arena."

"Oh, that's Camille from the Iris cabin.  She is a new camper."

"Well be careful because I heard from someone that you can't trust her."

"What do you care??!! It's not like we're close or anything!!"

"Jeez, I was just watching out for you Annabeth."

"You know what Percy? I don't need anyone to watch out for me! I've been taking care of myself since I was seven years old!"

"Fine then!"

"Fine!" Annabeth felt tears in her eyes as she stormed off to her cabin.  She there herself down in her bunk and started to bawl her eyes out.  She hated getting in fights with Percy, but she was stubborn, so she would never apologize first.  About five minutes into her mental breakdown, she heard a knock on her door.  "Annabeth?" Percy said with a timid tone.

"Go away Percy!"

"Annabeth, please.  I really need to talk to you."

"Fine."

"Listen, I'm really sorry about earlier.  I shouldn't have told you what to do.  I trust your judgment.  It's just that I want you to be safe and after so many lives were lost in the war..." He carefully sat down beside her.

"No Percy, really... it's ok.  I'm just stressed about everything you know. And Thalia being gone definitely doesn't help with all of that."

"I get it. You two are really close."

Annabeth decided to try her luck.  She leaned over and hugged Percy and to her surprise, Percy hugged her back.  Holy shit my very real crush is hugging me.  Holy shit. Annabeth tried her luck and she lied her head down on Percy's lap and let out a big sigh.  Percy stroked her blonde, curly hair, which made her instantly calm down.  Even just being next to Percy calmed her down.  In the middle of their sentimental moment, Annabeth's half-brother, Malcom, walked in and notified Annabeth that Chiron needed help with teaching the younger campers in the arena.  Annabeth looked up at Percy and he nodded to Annabeth as if to say, "Go on, I'll be fine."  Her and Malcom walked in an awkward silence over to the arena.  Malcom cleared his throat and quietly asked, "Are you and Percy a thing or something?"

"Gods no, Percy would never like me like."

"Hmph, well that's not what I've been hearing," and with that Malcom left her and went to hang out with some people from the Apollo cabin.  Does Percy really like me? Probably not. The rumors around camp are never true.