Chap. 6

AVA POV

_________________

I couldn't believe he turned me down! I know it was for a good reason but it kind of hurts. The concert is today at 8:00pm and I still don't have anyone to take. Great. Just great.  I hear a knock at the door and I open it to see Ashley at the door. Today her hair is in two pigtail braids laying on her shoulders. She is wearing blue jeans, flats, and a neon shirt.

Ashely walks in the house once I open the door and she drops on the couch like she did the other times she came over.

I close the door and I sit on the couch and I heave a big sigh.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"It's just, you know about applehead right?"

"That's all you've ever talked about for the past 2 days." Ashely laughed.

"Yeah well I haven't told you yet but he has turned the ticket to the Michael Jackson concert down. And the concert is tonight!" I say.

"Woah that's just rude. He knows you really want to meet him. He is probably married, or has a girlfriend." She pauses. "Or a boyfriend." She says.

"Then why won't he tell me?! I feel like he is hiding something." I say.

"Whatever the secret is, I know he will tell you when the time is right." Ashely says smiling.

"Still who am I gonna take to the concert? Or maybe I could just sell the ticket." I say giving up.

"Wait No! You can take me." She says happily.

"But aren't you a little young?" I ask.

"You do know I'm 13? C'mon im technically a teen." She whines.

"Fine but can you pull of 16? I mean you're pretty short for your age." I say looking her up and down

"Fake ID." She says smiling.

"You think me, a responsible adult would let a child like you get a fake ID?!" I say sarcastically.

"Come on lets go." She says laughing.

"Where are we even going." I ask.

"Just bring money and I will lead the way." She says with a mischivieous smile.

She was already out the door by the time I got my wallet. I check my watch and it was 5:15 pm. We still have time, I think to myself as I run out the door.

"WAIT UP!" I yell after her.

When we get to the place it looked like a regular deli store. I walked in and it was a deli. 

"What are we doing in a deli!" I hissed to her.

"Don't worry just follow my lead." She hissed back.

She walks up to the man next to the counter and whispers something to him I don't understand.

He gives her a nod and leads us to the janitor closet. We walk in and the first thing I notice is the scent. It smells horrible! Like the rotting flesh of a mouse and moldy fish. I coughed because the stench was just gross. There is a little light in the middle of the room and a man is there typing on a computer. The door closes behind us with a creak. The man looks up at us and smiles. 

"Hello how may I help you?" He asked.

"I need to be 16 years old. How much?" Ashely says with a tough face on.

"That would be 25 dollars." He said smiling.

"I'm good with that." I say and I take the money out and give it to him.