Chapter 1

Elena couldn't help but bounce in the back seat as they got closer and closer to Harry's hotel. It had been almost a month since they'd last seen each other in person. Skype, Face Time, text messages and emails were great for keeping in touch but when it came to wanting to actually feel him next to her she'd had to keep herself reminded that it would be soon. And as the actual day when they would be reunited got closer, "soon" just wasn't enough.

When her flight landed at Heathrow, she texted him one word:

Landed

To which he responded:

Naked

And after that it was all Elena could do not to sprint across the airport to the SUV awaiting to take her to his house. His house for now, Elena's stuff was headed over on a barge somewhere having been shipped weeks ago. With any luck by the end of the month Elena would be a full time resident of England. She was already working on her citizenship.

The US Women's National Team had made the decision to practice in England this year, keeping them closer to the action for all of their games. Elena had quit her team in Orlando, sadly. But prospects for getting a spot on one of the European women's teams were looking great. It seemed there were quite a few coaches in Europe who had been chomping at the bit to get one Ms. Elena Bennett to play for them. She just needed to pick which team she wanted to play for.

Harry had been in England filming his next movie while Elena finished out her contract with Orlando, sold her house and got her things packed up.

Elena breathed a sigh of relief when she saw Harry's house appear in the distance. Just a few more minutes and she'd be in the arms of the only man she ever loved. She slid down out of the truck when the driver opened her door, staring up at the windows of the house that was now hers as well. It felt weird saying that. Weird good.

She was just handing money to the driver when the front door creaked as it opened. Elena turned around, watching Harry emerge from the house as if he was in slow motion. He was dressed though.

She turned to walk towards him, leaving her bags sitting on the driveway as the driver drove away.

As they finally made it to each other, the air between them settled into a calm that set both of them at ease. Harry's smile relaxed on his face as he lifted his thumb and forefinger to catch her chin,

"Took you long enough."

She smiled, taking one step closer to him so their bodies were now rested against each other,

"I can only go so fast."

He shook his head, his eyes darting across her features,

"You forget...I've seen you play. I know exactly how fast you can move."

She nodded, her eyes resting on his mouth as he drew closer to her,

"My mistake."

She hadn't even finished the word mistake when his mouth came down on hers. The one good thing about being apart from each other for so long was this moment. This comfort when they were fused again with nothing between them.

Harry pulled away, he let his eyes linger on her face again before he nodded at her suitcases,

"Need some help?"

She shook her head,

"I can get them."

He shot her a look as he released her from his arms. He walked to her bag and easily picked it up, shaking his head as he walked by. Elena let out a soft giggle.