HIS COLDNESS

ALDEN'S P.O.V

Drink on one hand, pen on the other signing several documents I've ignored for the past 2 weeks because of my outburst after Maine's stupid mistake. As much as I want to wallow in my own sadness and pain, I simply can't do that. I am running a multibillion company across the country and around the world, I have responsibilities that are demanding. Contracts after contracts my mind is still wrapped around that beautiful woman that destroyed ever bit of my heart. Knowing that when I get home, the woman I love and married will not be there waiting for me, but rather, I'll be going home to an empty cold house. Fuck I mumbled lowly to myself noticing the grip on the pen I've been holding increased, I threw it on the other side of my office. Anger, jealousy, revenge and suffering has invade my mind clouding my better judgement.

Those negative thoughts came as quick as it entered when I hear a knock on my door.

"Enter" quickly composing myself I called her in.

"Mr Richards, your meeting with Mr Chang about the Singapore expansion deal will be in 15 minutes. I have arranged the board room with everything you and Mr Chang have requested. The powerpoint has also been set up with the file you have sent to me yesterday" Anne speaks as her eyes downcast on her clipboard. Anne De Costa, my secretary, has been working for me for almost 4 years now. She's a beautiful woman, incredibly intellectual and I would consider quite a catch. As for as I remember, Anne is the only girl who has turned down any of my advances and I knew from that moment, she is is headstrong and trustworthy.

"Thank you, where are they now?" Getting up to collect the necessary paperwork for the meeting, mentally preparing myself with the upcoming meeting.

"Yung personal assistant ni Mr Chang is waiting outside in the waiting room. Sabi niya she'll have to wait for Mr Chang and that he will be here in 5 mins as he is stuck in traffic" Nodding my head, I leave my office and make my way to the board room. Here we go again I say to my self once more. Maybe keeping myself busy and drowning my head with my immense work load will help me somehow cope better with my situation.

My concentration only lasted 20 minutes in that 2 hour long meeting, snippets of her and Jake constantly invaded my mind and I couldn't do anything but endure the pain as the memories came flooding back. Even though she has let me suffer this immense pain I still wonder if she's okay, if she still thinks about me or if she is now satisfied that I reunited her with Jake. The meeting didn't last long, and now I am back in my office staring into the distance longing for my wife, ex wife, my subconscious corrected me.

As my right hand reached for the whiskey glass, filled with my favorite poison, it was interrupted by the buzzer on my intercom. 

"Sorry to interrupt sir, your father and Mr Mendoza are at your personal meeting room and they are requesting to see you. Please let me know what files I need to br-" her voices fills my dead silent office. 

"Tell them to give me 10 mins, I have other files I need to finish before I can tend them. No need for your assistance Ms De Costa, just bring in refreshments, thank you" I reply to her promptly, I know exactly why they are here and I guess I can only avoid them so long. I feel the bile in my stomach rise up to my throat as I know that I will have to relive the pain once more when I explain to our family what has transpired between me and Maine. 

Finishing the last document that needed to be signed, I closed the folder in front of me and headed to the meeting room. Deciding to stop in front of Anne's desk, I notice a photo of her smiling so widely and happily holding what I believe is her dog. She looks somewhat mesmerizing. I cleared my throat and to break the awkward tension "Ms De Costa, the remaining file for Mr Chang is on my desk. Get that sent over to his personal assistant urgently so I don't have to deal with that man's presence" I ordered.

"Yes Mr Richards" she replied and with that I walk away but I hear Anne say "plus and baho ni Mr Chang, you'd think he'd smell nice if he's rich"

For the past 2 weeks, I finally smiled. Even if it was just for a stupid second, it felt good. I pushed the meeting room door open and masked my face with coldness once again.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

I'M BACK!

I will be changing and updating some of the previous chapters for the next couple of days. Thank you so much for everyone who have voted, commented and messaged me encouraging to continue this story. Your opinion has been heard and I will do it. I am aiming to do 2 updates a week once I have finished editing the previous chapters.

I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER AND DONT FORGET TO V0TE AND COMMENT❤️

ALDUB YOU👋🏼