STONE COLD

DON'T BE A SILENT READER, VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!

BEFORE I LET YOU
FREESTYLE

MAINE'S P.O.V

Fuck!

I frozen at my position staring at Alden's mesmeric eyes filled with pain and anger. It seems like time has stopped, somehow torturing both of us longer than we needed. Time really is a bitch. I really can't blame anyone but my self for allowing Jake to somehow persuade me into cheating on my husband. I thought, I was strong enough to handle everything, yet Jake's words still brought me down to my knees. Making me wonder if I've actually moved on from the pain he caused me or am I simply just masking it.

I'm a woman who's confused. It's hard to get rid of memories and my thoughts about Jake, when he had a massive impact on who I am now as a person. However, my love for my husband is a completely different scenario. He's a wall, standing tall, encaging me so that my past don't haunt me. He's my escape from pain and agony and my only key to pure happiness. Yet I did this to him, I threw away my key and made my walls collapse, resulting to my past weighing me down once again.

Lifting both my hands to Jake's chest I intend to push him away. Alden breaks eye contact with me as he watches my action of separation with Jake. As time gradually moves on, I never thought there will more pain being portrayed in those beautiful eyes of his. Yet, im wrong as always. Finally managing I push Jake away, creating a safe distance between us.

I'm scared to speak, for sure I know my voice will betray me. "Alden..." the sound of a broken woman echoes loudly in the room. A sound of a woman who had betrayed her husband. A woman who had completely ripped out her husband heart by kissing his best friend. Yet, I knew more than to just blame it all on Jake because I'm also the cause of my Alden's pain.

Jerald and Sam still with their eyes wide open are converting their stares between me and Jake, clearly trying to make an suitable explanation. Rather than seeing it as their best friends wife is cheating on him with their other best friend. Fucked up, I know! "I-it's n-not what it looks like!" My words came out fast, a rush of denial surge through me but i know I can't escape the truth.

"So you weren't in middle of trying to fuck Jake?" Alden booming voice is so strong, strong enough to shake the entire room. No, no, no I wasn't doing that! Why would he think that, we both have are clothes on and it was only an innocent kiss. Why would he think that, i love him! Uhmmm I don't know because you got caught have a tongue match with his best friend! My conscience tells me, I am literally going crazy. I am prepared to interrupt his judgement, but the way he looks at me, is like a way a rich man would look at a beggar. Eyes blazing with hurt and disgust, skin red with anger and his panting is clearly showing that he's holding his urge to destroy everything. Nothing can be more hurtful then to see you loved one suffering because of you.

"So ano Maine? Nag mouth to mouth resuscitation practice kaayo? Putang ina! Wag na wag niyo akong gagohin mga walang utang na loob! ikaw babae ka..." he walks towards me with his index finger pointed straight at my sobbing body. "Your just like every other sluts out there. Bumubukas yung binti mo kapag wala ako" I whimper away from his insults. Does he think I do this with Jake every time he's working? "so yung mga i love you was it real or were you just that desperate for my money? Am i not giving you enough money to satisfy your inner gold digger attitude to where you had to turn to my bestfriend?" Alden's throwing me all this questions and it's painful to know that he thinks of me in that way now. I really can't blame him.

"Alden naman you know I lov-" he doesn't let me finish since he started shouting like a mad man.

"Shut up Maine! Just the fuck up!" He attempts to grab my hand but Jake jerks me away from Alden. Not only did this make him even more livid, it reassured me that my marriage is going down the drain. Alden must've forgot about Jake when he was talking to me, but once Jake pulled me towards him, his blazing red eyes snapped straight at Jake's. A silent gasp came out of his parted lips, finally realising his mistake.

Out of nowhere Alden chuckles, not a happy contented laugh I am so use to hearing, but a dark sinister laugh that would possibly haunt my sense of hearing. He throws his head back whilst clutching his stomach, I am terribly confused to why he is laughing but I can't waste anymore time. I need his forgiveness one way or another or else I'm gonna die without him. Breaking loose of Jake's grip, I run to Alden and launch myself at him, encircling my arms around his waist. His stance is tensed from my sudden action causing him to stop his laughter.

"Alden please stop it, I'm so sorry mahal! This is the first time we ever kissed I promise, he sneaked up behind me earlier when i was going to grab something to warm me up! Alden mahal na mahal kita wag ka namang ganito ikaw lang mahal ko at alam mo yan!" I feel him trying to break loose of my hold, so I tighten my grip and bury my crying face into his shirt not wanting him to give up on me, on us.

"Let g-" he tried to command me but I will not listen!

"No! I don't want to! Mahal na mahal kita Alden, ikaw lang ang laman nang puso ko!" I looks up and stated kissing his cheeks, I need him to know that it's was only a mistake, a mistake I can redeem myself from, with his help.

Being obviously stronger than me, Alden's manages to break loose from me and attacks Jake, punching him repeatedly on his face, kicking his stomach with so much force as Jake curls up like a vulnerable baby. All I could do is stare at the destruction I caused. I've never seen a side of Alden where brutality becomes of him, I turned him into his old self once again. I manage to undo all his positive changes with a simple kiss.

Sam and Jerald ripped Alden away from Jake which caused both men receiving missed hits towards their face which were meant for Jake. He crouched down, hands on his knees trying to regain his breath. He looks up and watches me intently, probably trying to study how much I actually realize how big of a damage I've done to him.

I walk towards him but I dismissed my intention when I see him lifting his hands up, gesturing for me to not move. "Alden..." my broken voice calls out for him again, but he built his walls up even higher and even more stronger. A force which I might never be able to enter.

Alden simply turns around and walk casually towards the door, as if nothing has happened. I don't know what's gonna happen next, what the future holds but all I know is that I need Alden, I need my husband to be happy. However, he might just not accept me anymore due to my betrayal.

I've ruined him

I've shattered myself again

I've destroyed a friendship

I've ended our marriage

All because of that sinful kiss

He stops at the doorway and turns around looking at me, no emotions present in his eyes. Like a zombie. The words that I dread to hear slips out his mouth without the care in the world. Why should he? I broke him even more than before.

"The divorce papers will be sent to you immediately by my lawyers Ms Mendoza"

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE 💋

ALDUB YOU 👋🏼