Chapter 17

"I can't believe you lured me in! And worse, I can't believe I fell for that!" I yelled, not caring about the attention I was drawing. 

I turned and headed back the way I came. 

"Rebekkah! Wait! Just talk to me!" 

"I don't want to talk! I can't believe I was so stupid!"

"Rebekkah! C'mon! Just hear me out please!" 

I whipped around and faced him. 

"What? That you so desperately wanted to get to know me? So you pretended to be someone so I would see you weren't such a bad guy? To see the 'true you'? This isn't a movie Asher! You cannot just do this and think I will forgive you or jump back into your arms!" 

He sighed and brought his hand up to my face. I flinched but let him wipe away a stray tear I didn't know had fallen.

"I-I guess I wanted you to see me as more than your mate that doesn't deserve you. I wanted to have some kind of relationship, but I didn't think you would ever give me 'Asher' a chance, so I tried as 'William'." 

I stared at him for a while trying to make up my mind, before walking back over to the coffee place. 

"Where are you going?" 

"Where else? I wanted coffee, so let's get coffee." He lit up so fast and rushed to beat me to the door so he could hold it for me.

"Thank you." 

I sincerely hope I don't regret this.

We talked and laughed and I actually enjoyed myself. 

"I'm not kidding. Hudson and I really did." 

"I would love to see you with pink hair and Hudson with blue skin." I laughed more. "Speaking of Hudson, I haven't seen him in a while. Where is he?"

"He moved out a few minutes away with his mate." 

"Oh. Well, I should probably get back to the sitter. She probably has better things to do." 

"Who is watching Liam?"

"One of my coworkers"

He growled so light I barely heard it. 

"What is that for?"

"I'm just not comfortable with a stranger watching our son, that's all." 

"She is a co-worker. My co-workers often watch Liam for me."

He lightly growled again, "I still don't know about her." 

"Asher, please I don't want to start another argument. We were having a great time. I would like to end on a good note and just go home." 

I stood and walked out. I just wanted one good day that Asher didn't ruin with his pigheadedness. 

I got home and paid Heather, and I got to spend time with my little boy. We finished most of our packing and so some of the pack will come over later and help us move them to Asher's house. I get my own room, he may not know that yet. But there is no way I am sharing a room with him. 

"Huh? What's that baby? You want to stay here, just you and me? I completely agree." 

Liam was growing fast, already 10 months old. Time has flown by. 

I was just playing with him, helping him stand and take a step or two, and letting him crawl all around. I had to change his diaper though, and I was just babbling to myself.