Chapter 5: Birthday's Among Other Things.

Since we moved here back in May I have come to love lots of new things. Country music I have to say is the best yet. I have spent my days riding Zorro and hanging out with my new friends. They are all so nice. I feel like I belong again. I talk to Callie every week like promised and she even knows about Trevor. Its sad that I haven't seen him since that night at the party. He left on some trip and I'm afraid that I'm not going to see him again before school starts. On the upside tomorrow is August 8th. My birthday. I giggle at the thought that tomorrow I am officially an adult! Eighteen and counting. 

I point my horse towards the barn to give him a cooling bath and turn him out to the paddock. I start walking back when I notice that Marcello the boys' horse is still in his stall. I peer in and notice that is anxious to get out. I click a lead rope on him and turned him out with Zorro. I lazily walk back to the house only to squeal in delite when I notice who is in the dooryard. I run like a bat outta hell towards my favorite person. I jump into Callies arms and clasp my legs around her waist squeezing her to death. 

" Hello to you too Rocky-babes!"

" Callie!!!! OMG I CANT BELIEVE YOUR HERE!!!!" 

" I KNOW!" I finally let go long enough to set my feet back on the ground, " No I can't hold it in anymore! Where the heck is your loo?"

" This way come on you can drop your stuff in my room then use the loo," I give her a side hug as I lead her into the house. 

Later after super Callie and I decide to lay on my bed watching the Step Up movies and talking. After awhile Callie hands me a humongo present I had no idea she had hidden from me. 

" Here! Open it! I know you can probably tell by now but I don't care!" 

I tear into the wrapping paper with a purpose. I could tell it was a guitar case but you never know with Callie. I stare stunned at the cover of the case. It is decorated of pictures of us growing up together and different pictures from different competitions with the team. In the middle of it is my nickname in a sparkly swirly script. I throw my arms around her and squeeze for all im worth. 

" Thank you thank you thank you!" 

" Stop...can't...breathe!" She gasps out.

" Oh sorry!" I pull back.

" No missy finish opening your present!" I open the case and gasp. Nestled into the velvety interior is an acoustic guitar with my name carved into it with my birthday. Tears spring to my eyes as I hug Callie again. 

" OMG you are the most amazingly awesome bestfriend ever Cals!" 

" I know now as much as I hate to say this I can't hog you all night. Your actual family needs some Taha time too. So lets go!" We sprint down the stairs and into the living room. Matty is singing happy birthday as Mom comes from the kitchen singing and holding the cake. I smile and squeeze my butt between my brothers. Mom sets it on the coffee table in front of me. I blow out my candles with a wish to see Trevor soon. Oh and wasn't I in for a suprise that I wasn't aware of yet. 

I open the gifts that people got me. Mom got me and IOU to go shopping for school later. Joe and Sam got me a clue to what my present was. I also got a visa gift card from my brothers. I gave them each a hug and a big thank you. Thinking back to J&S's gift I read it again and head out to the front yard. I stop dead on the steps with Matty slaming into my back forcing me to stumble the last step. Sitting in our front yard is a very big very beautiful black dual cap chevy silerado. I sqeal and run over to it. I look at the hood and notice in deep purple and a deep blue is a tribal butterfly. I turn around and run and give my whole family a big hug. 

" I can't believe this! You got me a truck?!?! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!" Joe hands me the keys and I sprint to the drivers side. I have had my license since I was sixteen and I had it switched over to this state last month so i had proper ID. 

" What are you all waiting for? Climb in!" They all scramble in with Matty and Josh sitting in the bed of the truck. I revel at the purr of the engine then pull out of the driveway towards the middle of town. I drive past the square of tiny shops, the recreational park, and the town hall. Circling back around I pull into the drive way reluctantly. 

" I knew you would love it honey!" Sam said pulling me into a hug. 

" Thanks Joe, mum, Sam, and everybody this has been the best eigteeth a girl could ask for!" 

" Well im glad. I need to talk to you about something later though. So catch up with me later okay?" Josh whispers into my ear on the way back. 

" Sure thing." I whisper back. 

" Good see you later Rockadelics," 

" Haha okay Joshie!" He frowns at my age old nickname but lets it slide this time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My phone buzzes under my ear somewhere around 3 am. I look at the screen with one eye open and sit up with a jolt. I smile and open the text. My heart seems to almost skid to a stop at the words, but then it just continues to beat in a frantic speed in time with the butterflies that seemed to have appeared in my tummy. 

I slowly slide out of bed and change into some jeans and a t-shirt. I grab my riding boots and a sweatshirt on my way downstairs. I pad barefoot til I can slide out of the sliding glass door to the horse pasture. I sit on the steps and pull my boots and sweatshirt on. I mentally smack myself in the head and fix my hair by throwing it into a messy bun. I sprint to the barn and tack up Zorro. I lead him out and mount him. I take off towards the one person I am glad is around at 3 am. 

[A/N] I know its super super short but I couldn't help the cliff hanger!