Chapter Sixteen

You're beautiful like the lights

Hanji POV

It took us more than hours to go.
First, our reservation got cancelled because we're late.
After running a mile from our house to the station,
The un-reserved Osaka bullet train got delayed by half of an hour.
Causing many disagreement from passengers.
In excuse, the train assistants calmed them while explaining that the train got wrecked by a massive stone.
Though, I knew that wasn't true more like the conductor is sick.
I saw him choking when the shinkansen arrived like he was about to vomit.
Unless the man in late 30's was dizzy from the hit of that kind of rock.
No sign of wreck.
Very impossible for a train to be newly fixed by few minutes.

Anyway that is not the problem right now.

Flashback

Yesterday night, Levi ordered me to clean up the house while he is on his night out.
The time when I was sanitizing his room, I saw an old book with thick paper cover instead of hard board written with word...
Titan.
That is the thing I only read.
I scanned the pages even the papers inside is handwritten instead of printed.
I could tell that it is old maybe it got teared up by cyclones or got shot in the World War observing the bullet holes.

While scanning the pages, I felt the gravitational force between the book and me.
Flashes of death spooken me.
Giant humanoid creatures eating human behind the walls and scouts hovering in the air.
Then the world swirled like I am sucked by the black hole.
Then I appeared exactly infront of a beach.
I remembered the sea.
The wind rustled on my face and waves were crashing the ground.

A familiar girl walked beside me taking the view of the sunset in the horizon.
It took me realization that it was.... me except she had a green goblet on her neck with a scout uniform; just like the images flashed that appeared a minute ago or the dream that Levi been curious about.
She has a eye patch on her other eye.
The color of her eyes and hair; even the way we moved is quite similar.
Surprisingly, she is two inch taller than me.

She stretched her arms,
"What a lovely day."

Her deep sore eyes stared up to me and smiled as if she found her sister.
"Good morning to you, future self."
It is like she is my past reincarnation but I tried not to believe it.

She walked backed and forth.
"Life is cruel.
The government is pulling life again to death.-"
She faced to me with miserable eyes."-Even in the future they are still playing, hiding the theory of truth."

She sat on the white sand beach and gestured me to sit beside her.
I then sat staring at her while she whistled with the chirping sounds.
Even with the perfect and peaceful view, I have trouble focusing the beauty; more like this place is miserable and black souls were like lingering there and here.

She must knew that I got freak with those morning crawlers.
"They are your ancestors who died fighting for the sake of humanity or died because of sacrifice whether naive or strong they are.
This is called fate."

She held my hands while I looked into her confused about what she is talking about; but those picture make it clear.
"Prove yourself you are worthy within your promise."

I want to ask when did I promise or why do I have to keep an oath that could be dangerous.

But the scene began to vaporize.