Chapter Twelve

The Beginning

Levi POV

I don't remember travelling from my house into a steep hill while I was too stunned to go on a trip.
Yeah--just woke up on a valley full of....whatever.

I was climbing my way up the hill.
Judging from the nature around it, it is not the hill me and Hanji just collapsed.
(Which I don't want to talk about anymore.)

Many enormous rocks with different formation planted on the wet brown soil with tall grass behind it.
Trees were everywhere.
Trees big and small spread across all the area.
So I barely passed through the branches.
Strolling on a dusty forest is definitely not on my top ten to do list.

I turn my back and saw a plain field with some houses crushed.
I questioned myself what happened to those but what I thought the best is to escape this horrifying hill forest.
So I went down avoid dirt going on my shoulders.
That's the time I knew that I can't control myself and I just go hiking myself up the place.

.  .  .

After minutes walking forth, I rested on a big gray boulder.
Sunlight blinded my eyes and wind brush on my green, hip-length cloak.
I took of my jacket revealing me on white sleeves and brown, short jacket with dark brown sash covering my hips and white jeans.
The same design as Hanji's keychain is printed at the back same as my cloak except my short jacket have many patches of it including the sides.
Wings, blue and white spread as if the eagle were on its way to its own freedom.
That's why I name it as
Wings of Freedom .

I feel dazed and tired at the same time.
My elbows is placed on my thighs glancing at the sun on the east.
I was just enjoying the view looking calm like there is no problem or can I say I'm always been that despite those things.
Physically calm but mentally problematic.
Okay just forgot my little intoduction of me because after that, I did freak out.

"Levi!! you can do it.
Don't give up."
Hanji's voice echoed on the woods.

Remember the hill incident which I don't want to remember anymore.
Because of that I panicked.
A face that rarely comes out of me.
A worried face.
Checking my sides for Hanji's footprints or any clues even though Hanji's voice seems not troubled.
A voice that you always here when she's happy.
And....

My soul is the only one acting.

My physical self is just calm.
Standing up and stretching it's arms and go where it wanted to go.

"Hanji!!Where are you?"
Somehow I can see myself  only stable and unbothered like I was used of getting distracted of Hanji's existance.

She suddenly pop out
no other but from a tree.
Her body upside down with her eyes full of exitement.
Her brown hair is tied on a ponytail with her hands brush my hair.
She had glasses more like...... brown googles.
If she's wearing eyeglasses, it's pretty obvious that it's going to fall from her eyes.
I scanned up and saw her feet hanged on a sturdy branch.

She pouted,
"Levi.... missed me?"
She did act cute but she's never been cute ever on my life.
I thought my mouth is going to speak the opposite of what my brain is saying right know.
He then said,
"Stop acting cute."