11

AURA inhaled the salty air of the beach. They were in a resort together with Alexie's family.

She saw her girlfriend's sisters and kids playing in the shore. She smiled at the sight. She found Alexie in the hut under a tall palm tree. She was over-seeing the preparation of the foods. Leo, her brother, is manning the barbeque.

"What can I do to help?"

Her girlfriend glanced at her and gave her a smile. Her heart skipped a beat. It always did.

"Good morning, babe."

"Good morning."

She sat near to where she stands. She pulled her into her lap and put her arms around her middle. "I miss you."

Alexie laughed and kissed her cheek. "What do you wanna eat?"

"You." She whispered in her ear.

She unexpectedly felt a pinch in her left side. She chuckled when she saw her girlfriend's cheek turned red. She embraced her closer.

"Tama na 'yan (That's enough). You want some barbeque, Aura?"

Still smiling widely, she turned to Leo. He was holding a plate of grilled pork and chicken.

"Yes, Kuya (big brother). Thank you."

Alexie removed her arms before standing. "I'll call the others."

Her eyes followed Alexie as she left and went to the shore.

"Do you love my sister?"

Her eyes turned to Leo. He was also looking at Alexie.

"Yes."

"Alexie is a very patient person. She seldom complains." Her eyes turned to the subject of their conversation. "When she left five years ago, it was never the same in the family. She was the subject that we never talk about."

He took a deep breath. "When she loves, she loved with all her heart."

"What happened five years ago?"

"She had a conflict with one of our sisters. She had enough and left. A month after that, we heard from her friend that she left the country."

"It was her decision to come back."

It was mid-afternoon when Alexie's friends arrived at the resort. She was currently inside the hut checking her e-mails in her phone.

Pam was with three other friends, one of them was the guy who looked at her with anger. They approached Alexie who was sitting under another palm tree while looking at the kids who are playing in the sand.

She turned her attention to the phone. She answered the e-mails sent to her this morning.

"Tita Aura, let's swim."

She looked up after sending her mail. It was the little girl who screamed for her mother when they arrived at their doorstep before Christmas Eve. Her name is Abbigail.

She put her phone in Alexie's pouch. She removed her tank top and placed it above her towel before holding the little girl's hand. They walked towards the shore.

She felt like she was burning under the sun after a few minutes of playing with the kids. She was relieved when the kids allow her to rest. She left when Viola, the older sister, joined them.

She approached her girlfriend. She was still with her friends.

"Thanks." As Alexie offered her a bottle of water. She almost drank it all. She did not realize that she was thirsty.

"You will have sun burn in the morning."

"Yes but I had fun. The kids were very energetic." She grinned at her. She smiled back.

She sat beside her as she continues talking with her friends.

As usual, Pam is very animated. She learned that she was married with 2 kids while the others were all single.

"How about you?"

"What about me?" She asked confused. She did not realize that she spaced out. She scratched her head in embarrassment.

"What do you do?" Pam repeated.

"I managed hotels."

"Oh, rich kid?"

She chuckled. She leaned into Alexie's shoulder.

"By the way, Oscar is inviting us for a get-together later." Said one of the girls that she was not able to get the name.

"Where? I might not be able to be there. Momma duties." Pam said with a pout.

"Your husband will understand. It seldom happened that Alexie is here with us."

"Alright, bawi na lang ako with hubby." She said grinning. They all laughed. I just smile. I didn't understand whatever she said.